Tire Wear

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
RONHUNT

I got my oil changed at 20K, and dealer noted 3 tires almost worn. I am a mild driver, and expressed my dismay. He stated that they are seeing this at 18K with the Kizashi. Does anyone have similar stories, and if so, what are you replacing rubber with? Thanks
RONHUNT

Looking online at tires. Nexen looks interesting, good performance and cheap. Any opinions?
Swift_Moves22

[quote="RONHUNT"]I got my oil changed at 20K, and dealer noted 3 tires almost worn. I am a mild driver, and expressed my dismay. He stated that they are seeing this at 18K with the Kizashi. Does anyone have similar stories, and if so, what are you replacing rubber with? Thanks[/quote

There seems to be an issue with shipping where strap-down methods being used are causing an issue with the wheel alignment. I recommend anyone that purchases a Kizashi new take it RIGHT AWAY to have a complete alignment performed. If the alignment is out of spec before the place you take it to actually performs the alignment then have them print you up a copy showing the alignment numbers. In some cases dealers will be willing to refund you the cost of an alignment if you can show that you had it aligned right after purchase and it was already out of spec.

Many cases of pre-mature tire wear on new cars ends up being alignment issues that were caused during shipping, however if a person is already at 20k+ miles, it's pretty much impossible at that point to prove it was like that when purchased.

Keep in mine also that to get the proper wear out of factory tires, even if the wheels have been aligned you need to have the tires rotated every 5000 miles and check your tire pressure once a week to make sure they are properly inflated and within 1 or 2 PSI of eachother.
Get the wheels aligned right off the dealer lot!
ah_Perth

Good advice. I have done 22 000 km, I do all this and they are (still) in very good condition
Ronzuki

Fell victim to this and at nearly 22k miles now, 3 of the four are basically shot and won't pass state inspection come December. One is nearly down to the belts on the inner edge. My bad for not noticing very early on there was excessive abnormal wear.,
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Vadersquest

I put 27k miles on my first Kizzy and I had no issues. With my new one I will have them check the tires on my first oil change visit.
~tc~

X3 - always meant to get it checked, never got around to it because the car drove fine ... New set of Continental DWS at ~20k miles
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
mysuzyK

Just replace my tires @28,000 mi. I replaced with Cooper ZEON RS3-A
with very aggressive all weather tread
I bought on line at Tread depot at a good price and received in 2 days.
http://www.treaddepot.com/tirereviews/22804.html
so far seams to be great, (50miles) .
UtQG of 500 AAA 98W
tigerbangs54

I got about 35K miles from the original Dunlop Sport SP7000 on my SE AWD, but those were just awful tires! they rode terribly and were horrible in the wet. I changed over to a set of Toyo Versado LX II tires, and have seen a considerable improvement in ride quality and wet-weather driving. They are considered a luxury-car tire, and aren't exactly cheap, but they are wearing very well and have transformed the car's behavior.