Too stiff suspension

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
herrerasur

Help! I love my Kizashi, but I may have to trade it in. My wife is having problems with the stiff ride and non-supportive seats. She gets a sore back and neck if we drive too long. Is there any recommended way to make the ride more compliant, less jittery, over the awful Southern California roads and freeways, without compromising (too much) the steering and handling characteristics?
Stodge

It sounds like the seat is the problem, not the suspension? Can you buy some kind of padded seat cover, perhaps one that contains gel in the bottom?
11zukizashi

do you have the s/se or the sls/gts? my se soaks up bumps like a sponge... i can see the gts/sls being more bumpy though since its an inch lower
have you had suzuki look at it maybe you have a faulty part somewhere
BM-Power

Hmm that's weird, I found Kizashi to be very comfortable on bumpy roads...Perhaps try putting on 16" rims since they'll give you bigger tyre side wall to further absorb the bumps..
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT
herrerasur

Thanks to all. I have the SE with 16" wheels. I'm thinking of changing the tires, currently Dunlops. I was recommended Nexens for a comfortable ride. I'm also thinking of going the padded seat cushion route, and maybe I will have someone look at the suspension to see if there is something amiss.
murcod

I'm surprised about the comments on the ride. (Mine is one of the better vehicles I've owned for ride comfort vs handling.) The roads here are pretty average for bumps/ uneven surfaces.

You haven't got the tyre pressures too high?
David
WESHOOT2

I found the 18"-wheel 'Sport' (or whatever it's named) too "stiff" on our broken Vermont roads; I find my 2011 S AWD and its 16"s just a bit soft.

Sounds like wife needs a Camry?
murcod

We've got the Aussie Camrys at work (most likely completely different to any USA models) but I drove one recently and the ride quality was shocking. It was very rough and I could feel every bump in the road- but it didn't even have decent handling to show for the poor ride.

Tyres can make a huge difference. I get the impression the stock Yokohama E70 Decibel tyres are more towards comfort than handling, perhaps try them? I can't fault them in 17" for ride quality.
David
kizashi_VA

Check the tire pressure, too much makes it rough. Also as other people suggest, get different tires. I've heard many people feel the difference after changing tires.
Firefly

As for the seats - i find the Kizashi seats firmer and more supportive than most. Even the back seats.
I'm curious as to what your previous vehicle was.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum