Smart Key

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
~tc~

KuroNekko wrote:
Northernstar wrote:Why not just stick with 0W20??
It's rather too thin for the engine in hot or warm weather. The engine calls for 5W-30 in most conditions.
BS.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-102/
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
jimmerz

fjroman2 wrote:Maybe I missed something...I don't have this issue where I have to let the car warm up, but what if you had both keys with you. Start the car, leave one key inside and hold the other key with you so you can lock the door. Would that work, or not because the other key would enable someone to open the door?

It will not lock with a key fob in it.

I am glad i read some of this thread. I always assumed that the car would not drive very far without the fob. There have been times where my wife had the fob in her pocket and I drop her off at a store and I would go park...But because all the beeping I signaled to her for the key.

I also leave the car running at times when I run in a store for a drink or snack. I have assumed as long as I had the fob it will not be able to be driven off, lol

Oh Well. Good to know at least.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
Northernstar

~tc~ wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
It's rather too thin for the engine in hot or warm weather. The engine calls for 5W-30 in most conditions.
BS.

I think he's talking about the 20 and the 30, not the 0W
murcod

Yes, the second number relates to the oil's viscosity when it's hot. The first number is the cold viscosity.
David
KuroNekko

~tc~ wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
BS.

Oh yes, good ol' BITOG. I used to be a member there a number of years back.
As others have posted, the second number of the oil as in the 5W-30 has more to do with hot temperature performance. In fact, the W following the first number even stands for Winter. Even then, many on oil forums do their own thing based on personal belief, research, etc. I tend to trust the people who, you know, have engineering/chemistry degrees AND actually designed and built the engine. 5W-30 is what they call for for nearly all the driving conditions I am in. I am going to stick with that and not bother paying more and searching harder for an oil grade that will probably not be any bit beneficial for me.

I mainly use BITOG to check the reviews and opinions of various oil brands and products with certain engines.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Tamstaz

Hi just bought my Kizashi - my boyfriend drove me down to the shops, I got out while he looked for a park - now here's the funny bit - I'm not used to the smart key system, and got out of the car with it in my pocket!! LOL. Got all the way into the shops - probably 3 minutes, then my boyfriend phones me and said the car is going off its nut! and was beeping and flashing!!. Then we realised that I had the key!! so he got out to meet me, turned the engine off and came and got the key. It locked him out and he had to have the smart key to get back in. Hope that helps.
EnfinityX

Well I can understand the reasoning. Say the batteries in your key died while driving, would the car just shut down? I can see where there could be a lot of lawsuits if the engine would randomly shut off. What if you have a relative (kids) driving the car, and you forget you have the keys in your pocket, you get dropped off and the car just shuts off in the middle of the road.