Nexen Tires?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
herrerasur

I was told that I should use high performance tires on my 2010 Kizashi SE. One of the brands mentioned was Nexen. Does anyone know how they ride, comfort and quietness being the most important (to my wife, and therefore, me). I read another post that talked about Cooper tires, which are supposed to be an upgrade to the Dunlops the car came with (I've never been a huge fan of Dunlops - they seem to ride rough, but maybe that's because they are wearing down).

Anyway, any opinions would be welcome.
fjroman2

Never used Nexen. But I have used the Cooper CS4s. I think they are great...very nice riding tire. I am not sure if they are available in the size needed for your Kizzy though.
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
murcod

I've used Cooper 4WD tyres, their top of the range (at the time) Sport model for on road use. They are a hardish compound as they like to push the high mileage aspect of their tyres, They were rough riding and loud compared to the replacement tyres. They did out handle the replacement tyres though.... swings and roundabouts!

I'd say it would be worthwhile researching on Tirerack in their customer reviews. They rate things like noise and ride comfort so you'll get some sort of idea at least before you pay out the money.

Michelin might be worth looking at? I've had a few of their tyres and they seem to make sporty models that still ride nicely and are quiet.
David
jono6406

I had Nexen c 7000 tires on my last car, an 05 Cadillac STS. It had 235 50 18 in the front and 255 45 18 in the rears and they performed beautifully. They had good wet and dry traction and were not noisey at all. My suggestion is just to stay away from Sunny tires beause they are worthless an by the way those OEM Dunlops are pretty desent.
~tc~

I got the Continental DWS, and like them A LOT more than the Dunlops
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
herrerasur

Thanks, all. I've liked the Michelin Pilots I've had on my Camry. Nexens were recommended as a less pricey alternative.

Is anyone using anything other than high performance tires on their Kizashi? I was told to stay away from the touring tires as they are not well suited to the Kizashi handling and ride setup.
murcod

~tc~ wrote:I got the Continental DWS, and like them A LOT more than the Dunlops
Yes, they'd be worth a look. A lot of people give high praise for them on performance orientated road vehicles.
David
WESHOOT2

The NEXEN W231 snow is great.

I ran, and was satisfied with, General Altimax HP V-rated 215/60 R16s on my Kizashi S AWD.
twoqttsdad

Nexens are usually regarded as a tier 3 or 4 tire by industry folks. I believe made in China and distributed by Delta National. I didn't hear of a any complaints or returns because of defects. Decent product line for the price.
If your pocketbook allows I recommend a Toyo Proxes 4 plus 98W rated (tier 1-2) for this application. Costs a little more but it rides very quiet, grips excellent in wet and dry and doesn't give a harsh ride like many other true all season UHP tires. It exceeds the recommended load index and speed ratings of the OE tire. Treadwear rating is exceptional. Usually there's a tradeoff between treadwear and traction but not in this tire. Cost per mile favors the Toyo P4P over most all season UHPs versus the Nexen which costs less for a good tire. Happy tire shopping!
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
Indispus

I have the Nexen CP671's on my 2011 GTS... They are very nice tires for the price.