Squeaky/rattling dashboard anyone?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
G13b

Im used to it now, I just pump up the volume that way I wont hear any rattle.
If you write wash on mycar I will carve resuscitate me on your chest.
gwellsmore

I have the same rattle in the same area you had described. I have a friend with the same Kizashi as mine and they have it too.
I'm sure many Kizashi vehicles are affected, but as its only minor it would deem as warranty. I think the factory may not have secured a component t behind the dash near the vent.
If any other Kizashi owner has this issue and has solved the problem please let me know.
MrNWA

Hello all i may have some great news!!! by some dumb luck i was installing my remote starter/alarm when running the antenna i pulled out my A pillar to tuck the wire in behind. when i went to put the pillar back in the clip holding it fell in so i hard to order a new clip but every day my car rattles until this happened im still waiting for the clip to come in and still no rattle once i get the clip i would like to see if the rattle comes back and if so figure out how to stop the rattle im thinking it maybe some kind of vibration and harmonic coming thru the dash/window/headliner was always so hard to pin point once i get the clips needed i will post the update if the sound/rattle comes back because it drives me an my semi OCD crazy that i could never find it
#2012SLSAWD
golftango

Your OCD self allowed that long run on sentence? :mrgreen:
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
MrNWA

golftango wrote:Your OCD self allowed that long run on sentence? :mrgreen:

Ahahahaha it was getting late still no rattle tho if this is the problem ill be so happy! Hell i might even not put in lol
KuroNekko

I had a rattle for a few weeks. It was coming from the moonroof/visor area but I couldn't quiet it down because I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. After some time, I finally realized it was a cheap pair of sunglasses I put in the sunglasses holder between the visors. The rattling stopped immediately after I removed the sunglasses. Sometimes, it's as simple as that.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
MrNWA

no sunglasses in mine. but as most people state it sounds like dash/windshield/headliner and it is really hard to pinpoint my clip came in today i will pick up tomorrow and report back on any findings or rattle sound
Tanshanomi

I have had that same rattle coming from the dash since I bought my Kizashi last May. It's not loud; turning on even a talk radio station will mask it. It sounds as though it's coming from around the speaker grille or driver's side defrost vent. I've tried pressing on all around on the dash (within reach while driving) without locating the exact source.

It doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for the car, but if anybody else identifies a solution, please let us know what the fix was.
2011 GTS Sport 6-Speed • 2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S • 2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1973 Honda CL125S
ProMarinero

I've found this to be a permanent fix for interior rattles:

:D
MrNWA

i put my Drivers A pillar back in with a piece of electrical tape around the clip and a piece of sponge foam and havent had the rattle come back since if anyone is having the rattle give this a try and report back to see if this is indeed a fix for the rattle