Quick poll - CVT or manual Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.

What do you drive?

- CVT Kizashi
72%
- Manual Kizashi
28%

Total votes: 43
Stodge

It looks like the forum doesn't support polls and I don't think this has been done before. So I'll ask the question as I'm curious what the split is:

What do you drive:

- CVT Kizashi
- Manual Kizashi

:)
Northernstar

CVT+1
Moto
Site Admin

Fixed. I thought I allowed normal members to post polls. Apparently not.

I may change some settings later. The topic will be sticky for 10 days.
jono6406

CVT
KuroNekko

I voted, but will note here that I drive a Kizashi with 3 pedals. I would like to drive a CVT model one day to see how it accelerates compared to a manual.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
puckaveli

I think it really depends on your driving style. I own a cvt but test drove a few manuals. If I wanted to drive the car for performance I would go manual. If I'm just daily driving it I like the cvt for ease of use and smoothness. I have read the cvt has 5 less hp and tragically lower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. There is definately a lag between when you go full throttle and when the car starts to accelerate and it's in seconds not 10th's of a second, the revs go up but the power isn't transfered. I am guessing there is some sort of torque converter in the cvt to protect it, so I'm not suprised or upset about it. My only real complaint about the manuals was the sloppiness of the shifter, if there were upgaded bushings and shorter throw lever out there it would be my first mod.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
krellmk

Share the views as Puckaveli.
KuroNekko

puckaveli wrote:I think it really depends on your driving style. I own a cvt but test drove a few manuals. If I wanted to drive the car for performance I would go manual. If I'm just daily driving it I like the cvt for ease of use and smoothness. I have read the cvt has 5 less hp and tragically lower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. There is definately a lag between when you go full throttle and when the car starts to accelerate and it's in seconds not 10th's of a second, the revs go up but the power isn't transfered. I am guessing there is some sort of torque converter in the cvt to protect it, so I'm not suprised or upset about it. My only real complaint about the manuals was the sloppiness of the shifter, if there were upgaded bushings and shorter throw lever out there it would be my first mod.
I agree that the shifter isn't great. It's a bit sloppy and the shifter in my former Mazda was a lot better. That being said, the Kizashi's shifter is still better than ones found in domestic cars where manuals are treated like base model crud.

I have not yet come across a short-throw shifter for the Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BM-Power

Manual For-The-Win!! :D

I think the Kizashi's manual is excellent (especially the clutch pedal and feel). The throw could be a little shorter but apart from that it's very precise and engaging. Most of the cars I've owned were manual transmission and Kizashi is definitely up with the best.

Although CVT Kizashi isn't bad, I don't think I'd ever consider buying it since I can't stand the CVT drone and coupled with average engine power, it definitely doesn't feel like a real sport sedan. Shame AWD only comes in CVT :(
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT
kizashijayy

I drive the CVT. For the longest time I wanted a car with AWD but manual as well. That basically left me with the Impreza, because of my budget, and because the SX4's were never appealing to me. Needless to say, the Impreza did not impress me much. The interior felt cheap, looked plain, and the radio's head unit on top of the air vents was too abnormal for me (2011). As soon as I looked at the Kizashi I was very drawn to it. Aside from the Jetta-like front end it was a unique looking car, both inside and out, that felt considerably more solid than the Subaru. The interior was also far more refined than that of an Impreza and is what led me to purchase my Kizzy. One hesitation I had in making my purchase was the fact that for the price of a Kizashi S you could purchase an Impreza Limited, which meant a slew of great, but not necessary extras. Those were alloy rims, moonroof, heated seats, wiperblade deicer (<-- neat feature), bluetooth connectivity, and some others. However, at the end of the day, the car was so different than not only the Impreza's but the Sonatas, Camrys, Altimas, Jettas, Optimas, Lancers, Accords, Avengers, 200s, and other sedans that everybody has, I just had to have it! I have had no complaints since!