Got a surprise "salute" from another Kizashi driver!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Firefly

Last night I was driving home along the Harlem River Drive, crawling in somewhat slow traffic, when I hear a horn beep from behind and in the adjacent lane. Not suspecting it was for me, I see a matte-blacked out Kiz move up past my car, horn beeping, driven by a young lady waving and giving thumbs-up. I moved up along side, we rolled down our windows and said "nice car!" simultaneously. Made my day.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Shaneous

Ive done a mutual acknowlegement wave to other kizashi drivers a couple of times.

it's like we are part of a secret group that only know the pleasures of the Kizashi :-)
kizashijayy

Kizashi's are so rare around me I have thought of doing the same thing when I see one on the road! Growing up my family owned a Corvette and the camaraderie between owners was always intriguing because something as simple as a car created a bond between two strangers! As I got into motorcycles I noticed this yet again. I suppose the Kizashi will only get rarer** due to the company's withdrawal from the US market, as well as the growing global popularity of compact cars so I guess we have a legitimate reason to initiate a Kizashi Owners Only Club 'secret handshake!'

**Judging by posts and locations of Kizashi owners from this site, I get the sense that it is just not a popular car (compared to the abundance of Hondas in the US/EU and Renaults or Alfa Romeos in the US/EU, for instance). Correct me if I'm wrong, I just do not want a fellow Kizashi owner in another part of the world to feel any ignorance. :D
KIZFAN2

Haha this happened to me here in Canada as well. I was driving home and saw a nice silver Kizashi at the light. We gave each other the military salute.
2011 Kizashi SX
suzboy

I have done the same too. Saw a Kizashi at the traffic lights so I just waved at him. He saw me and wave back.
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
Galileo

On the rare occasion that I see another Kizashi, it's usually parked so I don't get to acknowledge the owner. There was one day I was filling up with gas when another Kizashi circled the station. It was like they couldn't believe they were seeing another one in the wild.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6-Speed Manual
Vivid Red
KuroNekko

No salutes for me given that I haven't seen another Kizashi while driving mine other than a taxi Kizashi in DC.

On the other hand, today a man who pulled up next to me at a light honked his horn and waved me to roll down my window while pointing at my car. He then told me he had no idea Suzuki made cars and thought they only made motorcycles. He said he never seen a Suzuki car dealership. He then proceeded to compliment the Kizashi and seemed excited about it.
The man was driving a brand new Land Rover Range Rover. Even then, the Kizashi caught his eye and enthusiasm. Not bad.

I had another experience months ago while waiting for another light. A car stuck in traffic going the opposite direction lowered its window and a man asked me what my car was. I then told him the brand and the model. He then nodded and said he liked the design and that it looked good. He was driving a late model Lexus IS350.

The Kizashi impressed drivers of cars costing tens of thousands of dollars more. Not bad at all.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jute2003

I think ive only seen a handful of other kizashis since ive known what they were. I always get excited but most people around madison are so wrapped up in their own crap they dont notice. People driving other suzukis seem more likely to notice. I will say that it seems lik if another driver is gawkingat thekizashi it seems like theyre often driving an audi or an acura.
WESHOOT2

I passed one exactly like mine this morning, and parked next to one at work.
Who'd think in a state of 650,000?