Questioning buying my Suzuki kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Vthoma14987

Hello kizashi family just wanted to share my recent series of events with my 2012 Kizashi. I do a lot of driving on the highway I live in Cleveland I work in Pittsburgh So that is a two hour commute there and back almost daily. Well three weeks ago driving down the main road I out of nowhere my car started to knock and scrape and it sounded as if it was coming from the motor. I immediately had it towed to the nearest Suzuki dealer the following day and took them four days to diagnose the car and they said that a rod had broken off within the motor. Not only did it need that rod as a result of the breaking golf it damaged a small block as well as the headers. Everything was readily available except for the small block which was on backorder for two weeks now being that my vehicle is still under 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and powertrain coverage one would think they would provide transportation for their faulty equipment And lack of production part. Suzuki told me in a very rude way they would only pay for five days of rental car coverage Even after I called customer service to complain. As of today it has been three weeks in my vehicle still is not fixed their telling me hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday of next week they will be finished putting my car back together. That is almost a month of paying for a rental car out of my pocket Suzuki is only covering Five days does anyone have any suggestions on how I may retrieve some of my money back from Suzuki has anyone been in this situation before?
Pyramid1

I've gotta say, this is the biggest worry I have trying to get into a Kizashi these days. Not the engine eating itself part, (that can happen with any make/model) but the level of support when something like this does happen. Btw, when you say "Suzuki" told you they would only pay for 5 days of a rental car, do you mean the dealership or Suzuki themselves? In any case, I would try to appeal to Suzuki corporate (beyond customer service) if the dealer doesn't come through. Even though Suzuki no longer risks losing repeat car buyers, they still have an overall image to maintain for the other products they continue to sell..

A 2012 model is far too new for Suzuki to refuse to foot the entire bill for making it right. (that is assuming of course you performed regular maintenance, and don't have any aftermarket engine mods)
Vthoma14987

That's how I think as well my car has 16 thousands miles on it. I have spoken with the dealer and I have called the 800 number listed in our warranty booklet. I couldn't get past the customer service rep she refused to transfer me to an supervisor or another department that may would help.
KuroNekko

Wow, throwing a rod in an engine of a car like this must be a scary ownership experience. I can say it's not normal for our cars or any modern non-modified, non-race engine.
I would complain all the way up corporate. Even though Suzuki no longer sells cars in the US, having an engine throw a rod at 16,000 miles is a huge concern for customer satisfaction and faith in the brand for Suzuki. They continue to sell ATVs, motorcycles, and boat engines (all of which have piston engines) so consumer faith in the brand should still be very important.
Hope the issue gets resolved ASAP and you get reimbursed for your rental.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
chazyouwin

Check the warranty documentation - the right to a replacement vehicle for the first 3 years 36,000 miles should be written up there. It will either say max five days or not. But this is first I've heard of any such limit, and Suzuki gave me a rental for a couple of weeks on one of my XL-7s (rear end replacement). Perhaps the dealer made a mistake initially diagnosing and doesn't want to be embarrassed.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
gmkizashi

http://www.lemonlaw.com/ohio-lemon-law. ... 4Aodi0kA9g

You may want to see if it is covered under the lemon law.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
Vthoma14987

chazyouwin wrote:Check the warranty documentation - the right to a replacement vehicle for the first 3 years 36,000 miles should be written up there. It will either say max five days or not. But this is first I've heard of any such limit, and Suzuki gave me a rental for a couple of weeks on one of my XL-7s (rear end replacement). Perhaps the dealer made a mistake initially diagnosing and doesn't want to be embarrassed.
I read the book and it does say five days max that they will cover , maybe the dealer you went to provides their customers with courtesy vehicles.
chazyouwin

It was back in 2003 or so, so the warranty may have changed. Also, I understand that back then the dealerships may have had discretion to waive or loosen some of the warranty items. With Suzuki no longer selling vehicles, I would not be surprised by rigid enforcement of the terms going forward.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Northernstar

In Canada, Suzuki doesn't provide loander cars either. Pretty much all the manufacturers nowadays provide loaner cars to customers whose vehicles are in the shop. I have no idea why Suzuki still refuses to provide such service.