Trip computer resetting after car starts

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CLLee

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone experienced this, or know anything about it.

In the last 2 days, I noticed the Trip Computer resets itself after I parked the car overnight or after work. Doesn't do it immediately though.

Trip A is unaffected.
Trip B goes to 0km.
All other readings are reset - avg speed, avg consumption, range etc.

All radio settings & clock are unaffected.

Could it be a built in mechanism to tell the owner that the battery is going soon?
Car is 25 months old with 52,000km.

I've also checked the Trip Computer settings on the instrument panel. It's set to 'MANUAL.'

coref1

Defineately doesn't happen with mine. Trip A i reset each time I fill up and trip B I last reset after the last service. My car is less then 12 months old though. Didn't know you could check the trip computer settings to be honest
murcod

I think it's highly likely your battery is starting to die. I had a similar thing on my last vehicle when the starter battery was on the way out. Given the weather is getting cooler the battery will be working harder to start the engine, so the voltage is probably dropping further while it's cranking. Sounds like it's now low enough that the memory is being reset.
David
Shaneous

I agree with Murcod. my battery started dying a few weeks back. the first thing I noticed was:

a) increased cranking on start
b) the trip computer / mileage etc all reset every time the car was switched off and restarted.

I recommend taking it to a suzuki dealer with a service centre to get checked. I did and found that because the car was (just) under its intial 3 year warranty, that Suzuki paid for half the battery and half the labour involved. Cost me $44 for a battery test and new fitted battery (with reset radio stations!)
WESHOOT2

Weird; my car has just under 89,000 miles on it (admittedly, not yet even two and one half years old) and all the crap in my car works.
CLLee

Yup... it's the battery. The start up was so weak this morning, I decided to take it to a Suzuki dealer to have it replaced. They did a battery test for me...

Now the huge drama for me was that the 2 Suzuki dealers I visited don't have the battery in stock. I went to Bob Jane and Beaurepaires nearby and they don't have anything in their listings either. Not sure if it's just my bad luck. So, guys beware of this.

Anyway, finally found one, but as a result of the running around, I had to cancel two appointments from work.
And I was told by the dealers that the battery has a 2 year warranty, so I had to pay for everything. Car is 26 months old.... :(
ah_Perth

My battery went after three years and a couple of days! Only indication I had was when the remote had trouble opening the doors
Shaneous

Wow CLLee - bit of an ordeal! interesting that I am also in Australia and I got a way different experience with a battery under 3 years old..... am in Adelaide, but you'd think this would be a nation-wide type of deal....
murcod

Shaneous wrote:..... am in Adelaide, but you'd think this would be a nation-wide type of deal....
Which dealer do you go through? I'll keep them in mind if my battery dies! :D
David
CLLee

LOL...

I rang up my trusted tyre shop to have my tyres replaced, as they are almost worn.
There's no stock on the DB E70 in Australia apparently.... and nothing much in 235/45/18.

Keeps getting better.

PS... this car is like a high maintenance girlfriend. Who has the time???
Limited edition battery
Out of stock tyres
Squeaky suspension .... about to email dealer now
(spare me the lube joke.... lol)