Rain Sensing Wipers

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

dont quite like them cus they are never at the speed i want. going to change it to manual next time back in dealership
Shaneous

Hmm am I msising something? not sure if they changed this in later models or voerseas models, but my MY'10 XLS has stock auto wipers.. and you can both change the sensitivity with the sensitivity dial on the stalk, and also choose not to use auto wiper's at all if you want based on the stalk position (i.e you can turn auto mode off)..
coref1

That's how it works on my 2012 Kizashi as well Shaneous. You can turn the auto mode off with both the wipers and the lights.
murcod

coref1 wrote:That's how it works on my 2012 Kizashi as well Shaneous. You can turn the auto mode off with both the wipers and the lights.
Do the wipers then default to a normal intermittent function (with variable timed intervals) - or is it then a matter of they're either on or off?

That was the biggest frustration with my previous vehicle. It was either auto sensing (with variable sensitivity) or nothing! The sensitivity could never be adjusted quite right and seemed to vary a lot.
David
coref1

I mostly leave the wipers in auto mode so wasn't sure so I looked at the wiper stalk and checked the manual and it seems the factory default setting does not allow you to put them in normal intermittent mode. There is the Mist (continuously slow while holding the lever), Off, auto (with variable sensitivity), slow continuous, fast continuous. You can, however, customise the auto function so that it works in a normal variable intermittent mode but you need to contact your dealer to find out how to do this.