This is good bye

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
coref1

Oh Dear, never mind! Looks like you did some damage to the Tonka toy too.
Northernstar

All the air bags were deployed except the front passenger air bag. Luckily I was the only person on the car at that time. Kizashi is a really solid car, it made a 1 ton truck turned 90 degrees and I was unharmed and still able to open the front door!! I dont regret owning kizashi at all!!

Right now because of my work, I am in Edmonton so it is not going through ICBC but Intact insurance and they are calling it not-at-fault accident for now. I have full coverage plus 30 month vehicle replacement program. That means if the vehicle is totalled due to any reason within 30 months of the purchase date, they will replace me with a brand new car.

Now here is the problem, this is my 33 months of owning the car so that means technically i am not eligible for the vehicle replacement program cus it's over 30 months already. Insurance company asked for my bill of sale which i will fax over to them tomorrow. Have to wait and see if they will still compensate me for the full value of the car as a goodwill since they can get everything back from the other insurance company.

As for next car, i am leaning towards legacy 3.6, any other suggestion??
Ronzuki

Glad to see the car did its job for you. Sad that it was totaled however. As one of the longer standing members here you'll be missed. Good luck in the future. Keep in touch and let us new what you decide to replace the Kiz with.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Moto
Site Admin

legacy is a solid choice. I assume you are thinking new but if you are not be a little careful of anything older than 2008.
KuroNekko

A Subaru Legacy is probably the best choice.
It's got AWD standard and it has stellar safety to match the Kizashi.
Subarus have excellent reliability and resale value as well. I'm a big fan of the brand myself.

The 3.6 liter H6 is said to be rather good. The older EJ25 engines which were 2.5 liters had some head gasket issues and I think this is what Moto was alluding to. However, I believe the 3.6 liter H6 was not affected. Regardless, their newer engines are solid.

Personally, I'd love to get the 2015 Subaru WRX. It's got an all-new design in addition to a new 2.0 liter turbo boxer. Offered in manual. AWD standard. Delicious.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/26/2015 ... o-la-2013/
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Northernstar

I will keep you guys posted. Right now my main concern is how to get the insurance company to pay for the full value of kizashi. As i mentioned before, i am 3 months past 30 months in order to qualify for new vehicle replacement program. Any idea how should i go about talking to insurance company if they decide to pay only the current market value??
Ronzuki

Not sure how things work in Canada, but don't accept their first, second or even third offer. They'll attempt all kinds of tactics...hold your ground and don't be in a hurry. Even if you are, come across to them as though you are not in need of the payout. I went 7 weeks back and forth w/ my insurance company for a totaled 2008 SX4 two years ago exactly. Damaged, earily, the same as yours. The car started and drove despite the battery and ECM pushed back and residing under the brake cylinder and the radiator up against the engine and trans. This accident was chargeable to my son and involved other vehicles. State Farm called every Friday evening (nice tactic...when your done, tired and fed-up with your work week) making ridiculous offers hoping I'd take it. Every week it was a different person and I never talked twice to anyone. I never called them, other than my agent to report it. Week 6 some Tweeney-something calls and starts attempting to give me the 'best and final tone' on their position stating they located a car exactly like mine in NJ for x-amount. I gladly told him if it was a one owner w/ all the required service records to purchase it and have it delivered to my driveway, I'd take it. He declined. I explained to him, as I had to the others before him, my car had these things and it added value as the 100k mile warranty was intact and fully transferable to a new owner...hence value. He disagreed that this added any value. OK, smart-guy, "Car A and car B are identical. Car A (mine) has all service records and maintenance done religiously...Car B (his NJ car) has none of this and no history. Which one are you going to buy? Which one would you be willing to pay more for?" He said that makes no difference. I asked again, "which one would you buy?". That was the end of that phone call. All the while, my car is sitting at the yard it was towed to accumulating storage fees they will have to pay. Week 7's Friday evening call came and they were tired of me. They simply asked what I wanted. I told them, they paid it. Done. I walked away with $2,000 more than offer #1. A bit better than Edmonds TMV retail for perfect condition IIRC (which the car was). In my case no matter what, my son's rates were going to sky-rocket as a result...his fault. Makes no difference. Their job is to pay you as little as possible for your loss. Keep in mind, they answer to share-holders, not you, despite who pays the premiums.

I think you have no position on the 30 month thing since you're past and once they research and realize the lack of value they won't honor the 30 month thing. Hopefully I'm wrong and they do, but you're likely to have a fight on your hands. Argue heavily on the fact that you can no longer purchase 'new' a Kizashi and despite what the going value is (simply because ASMC pulled out) has no bearing. You won't be able to come close to purchasing anything comparable in AWD for what they're likely to offer you. Stick to your guns an give them the impression with your discussions, and your tone, you're not going to roll over easily and willing to fight if need be. Good luck to you and let us know how you make out with the insurance company.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Northernstar

thanks for the tips! I will hold my ground!!
Northernstar

A quick update on the insurance part. The car was originally purchased on Jan of 2011 for 2011 MY. I paid 31300 CAD. Just got the chq from the insurance company and they paid me $30800 in total. I was really surprised to be honest!

Now the only thing left to do is to deal with other party's insurance company for injury settlement. They called me today asking how I was doing and if I was hurt during the accident. I told him that my back and neck hurts and am going through 21 sessions of physio. He said he will call back in a month to follow up. Any tips for dealing with injury settlement? Cus I have no experience at all in this field :(

Thanks guys!
SamirD

Great to hear they paid you well for the car! :D

As far as injury, here in the US, we have tons of injury attorneys that will take your case with no cost to you. They take a substantial amount of the settlement, which would be substantially more than what you would have normally gotten, so it works out in the end.

However, these attorneys are looked at as real low-life scum on a lot of levels, gouging insurance companies when the offered settlement is fair. Read anything that the insurance company makes you sign. That would be my biggest advice. You might be signing away some rights that you have to alternate resolution if they don't take care of your injuries.