Kizashi World Parts (JDM, etc.)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SamirD

Are there any parts out there that we can't get in the US?
sx4rocious

yeah..... a 2014 model.....
SamirD

lol. Which countries have the 2014? Are there any parts off of those that will work on ours?
KuroNekko

There are simply not many accessories for this car worldwide given the car is not selling well anywhere.
I was in Japan about a year ago and asked a few Suzuki dealers about the Kizashi. They told me they did not sell well and about the only people who drove them in Japan were Suzuki executives. Only certain Suzuki dealers sold the Kizashi (none I visited).

I also got two copies of the JDM Suzuki brochure which showed factory accessories. Some accessories unique to the JDM included things like gaudy seat lace covers which are popular among geezers in Japan. I know they sell stuff like leather key fob covers, but there aren't significant performance or appearance accessories.

I once came across Whiteline front sway bar end links on some site. Whiteline is from Australia and used to make a rear sway bar for the Kizashi which was discontinued.

I have not come across aftermarket JDM parts for the Kizashi but have not looked too much for them either.

Here's a link to the official Suzuki JDM accessories online catalog:
http://www.suzuki-accessory.com/kizashi ... indow.html
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Whiteline makes some great stuff. I also own some 1995 Nissan Altimas, and they also had a limited number of mods available, like the Kizashi. Whiteline made a sway bar for them down under, but not in the US.

It's a bummer that this car is basically not wanted worldwide, which I can't see why not in the used market--it's highly underpriced for the value.

Thank you for the link to the Japanese accessory catalog. It was interesting to see the Clarion and Panasonic systems with no mention of the Kenwood at all.
WIKizashi

Any idea what the red patch thing is in the top left corner of page 6?
SamirD

WIKizashi wrote:Any idea what the red patch thing is in the top left corner of page 6?
My guess is that is a stick-on reflector for when you open the door at night.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
WIKizashi wrote:Any idea what the red patch thing is in the top left corner of page 6?
Exactly. It's a door reflector.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
sx4rocious

that's pretty cool! I like some of the stuff there. A guy in the SX4 forums that I know brought back a set of the seat skins for his SX4. Not my style, but he's probably the only guy in this hemisphere with them, so that would be cool.

My guess as to why the Kenwood system in'st available in Japan is that Clarion and Panasonic I believe are both subsidiaries of Fujitsu which is a Japanese company, therefore not only more prevailant in Japan, but they would also have the European radio frequencies programmed in. Kenwood being American (I think...)owned, probably would not...
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote:
Exactly. It's a door reflector.
Woot! I guessed right! :D