RIP Kizashi :-(

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CLLee

It's my turn... Unfortunately.
I was exiting the freeway this afternoon and there's a bottle neck. Everyone was coming to a slow stop. As I was gradually slowing down to about 20-30km/h, a Merc B200 whacked into my rear. Car's gone
:(

What an amazing car the Kizashi is.
At that force, the entire cabin was untouched. All doors open and shut as normal. No broken glass. At impact, I still managed to steer the car to avoid hitting the car right in front and left and then pulled over to the side of the freeway. Could have been a 4 car accident.
In the boot: my laptop, work bags, books in boxes and 2 light bulbs (for home) at the place of impact are completely undamaged.
The rear seats folded down as normal to access the boot.

Not sure if whiplash will kick in tomorrow. I didn't feel anything pulled during impact and after. I'm still feeling ok now after 11hours. Fingers crossed.

The driver of the B200 was very apologetic. I didn't kick a fuss. I'm just glad no one was hurt. She has 2 kids and a dog in the car.
Her car caught fire though. It was a bit scary. Emergency services arrived within minutes. Thumbs up to them.

Well... time for a new car. I was feeling very strong about getting a new Prestige Sport, but all these CVT talk is scaring me.

Here's the last pic of my beloved Kizashi before heading off to the yard :-(

Although I don't post much here, I read the posts frequently. Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge and humour.
bootymac

http://nooooooooooooooo.com

Sorry to hear and I'm glad everyone is okay.
KuroNekko

Oh man, sorry for the loss of your car, but glad to hear it kept you safe and no one was hurt.

About getting a new Kizashi with the CVT: You live in Australia where Suzuki is still in business. You have dealership support if something was to go wrong. The ones in more of a predicament with CVTs are Americans and Canadians. I also believe the newer CVTs should be better as JATCO has had time to improve their transmissions.
If you liked your CVT Kizashi, get another one. After all, your old one kept you safe.
If you know how to drive a manual, go test drive a manual Kizashi.

Keep us posted on what you end up getting.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
cocos3

Awww! That is so bad!
It's so good to know the Kizza looks after it's occupants so well...we just hope we don't have to put it to the test...! Tell me , did it set off all or any of the airbags?

It'll be sad to loose you from the forum (that is if you don't buy another Kizashi) but keep us informed on your decision making...you know how much we all love a good discussion on what's out there... ;)

Best of luck and hope you stay well....
cheers
Andrew
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
coref1

Glad to hear your ok but sorry to see your Kizashi in such a sorry way. Hope you buy another Kizashi as I still think it's a quality and value car despite the cvt concerns.
CLLee

Thx guys. It's an amazing car.
None of the airbags set off, as it's a rear end.

Still thinking about what car. I have 2 weeks before the insurance takes back the free loaner.
murcod

I'm so sorry to hear about your Kizashi. :(

I know how well you care for your cars (it makes me feel guilty at times!) Good luck with the hunt for something new.

KuroNekko, we don't get the generous US drivetrain warranty in Australia. Once the three year new vehicle warranty expires you're on your own. (Although, I did just find the 5yr warranty some people have been offered here is now part of their capped price servicing plan- subject to getting dealer servicings completed.)

http://www.suzuki.com.au/owners/servici ... ce-service
*To be eligible for the 5 Year/140,000km Extended Warranty, the vehicle must have had all standard scheduled services undertaken by authorised Suzuki Dealers as specified under the 'Maintenance for Normal Operating Conditions' schedule detailed in the Warranty and Service Logbook, up to 40 months from the date of vehicle delivery.
So that could be a good option for you CLLee- if you normally keep vehicles for under 5yrs?
David
CLLee

murcod wrote:I know how well you care for your cars (it makes me feel guilty at times!) Good luck with the hunt for something new.
You know what? The lady, the cop and the tow truck driver thought the car was brand new.

I think I'm leaning back to where we first met murcod... Mazda lol.
The new Mazda 3 SP25GT is at the same price point as the Kizashi Prestige, and same size pretty much. But with so much more tech. I'm going for a test drive tomorrow.
sx4rocious

OUCH!! Glad you're OK!!
KuroNekko

The new Mazdas are very attractive. The new 3 and the new 6 appeal to me quite a bit.
While the Mazda3 may be a great car, I think that you'd have to go up to the Mazda6 to get close to the Kizashi level in refinement and ride quality.

Don't you Aussies also have the diesel versions? We Americans are eagerly awaiting the Mazda6 SkyActiv D (D for Diesel) to arrive but its been delayed due to Mazda trying to work around having urea treatments in the exhaust. The US government is very strict on diesel emissions unlike other markets and it's the main reason why diesel passenger cars are not popular in the US.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)