Rear registration bulb change

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kastledecor25

Hi guys was just wondering if any of you guys have changed your number plate lights. I took my car to the local auto shop to see if they could change them. They couldn't find out how to do them. I am wanting to have all my lights the same as my head lights so i need to change them to led. Any help would be great

Tommy
bootymac

It's in the service manual somewhere but you have to remove the black liner inside the trunk to access the bulbs
kastledecor25

Thanks bootyman. I told the auto shop that's what I thought it was but to be honest I wasn't sure myself. Cheers Tommy
nytq

You have to remove the liner from the inside of the trunk lid, then there are caps on the light bulb housing that clip on. All of this is challenging as you have to contort yourself to get those fontoon type bulbs to fit in. Blows me away when I hear a service tech can't figure these things out. Why do these guys bother to get into that line of work, if they really are not interested in fixing things.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
~tc~

I put LEDs in there, so hopefully I never have to do it again
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KIZFAN2

It was a nightmare! I broke 50% of the plastic tabs while removing the trunk liner.
2011 Kizashi SX
bootymac

What did you use to remove them? The center pops right out with a small flathead:

KIZFAN2

sorry, memory refreshed, they broke going back in :( The plastic kept snapping.
2011 Kizashi SX