Gone but not forgotten

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KIZFAN2

I ended up trading my 100,000 km 2011 SLS for a 2014 Mustang MCA. I managed to get $14,500 on trade and xplan pricing on the new car.

I have to admit that the trade was based on nothing more than speed, looks (although the Kizashi looks great) and mod availability.

Within the 2 years of owning the Kizashi, I experienced no major issues and plowed through two nasty Canadian winters. I can vouch that the Kizashi is the best all around car for the money. I am going to miss it during the winter while I am driving a beater and getting stuck in the snow.

Anyone on the fence about buying this car because of the stop sell... DON'T BE. You will not regret it.

Kizashi

Mustang

Last edited by KIZFAN2 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2011 Kizashi SX
KuroNekko

Congrats on the 'Stang. It looks fantastic. I really dig that grill. You got the V6? The V8-powered GTs usually have badges on the sides in the US.

That being said, good luck in the winter. :lol:
You're going from a very capable AWD to a muscle car with a FR layout. What's the winter beater?

Have fun with the new car and don't let the Mounties catch you speeding.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KIZFAN2

Thanks!

I went with the V6 as gas prices are outrageous around here. The grill, rims and side stripes are part of the Mustang Club of America package.

Modifications so far:
- Ford Racing sport axle backs
- AEM DryFlow intake
- BAMA street tune
- Tinted windows
- Strut tower brace

= 330 HP (305 stock)

Would like to change the rear gear ratio from stock to 3.73 next year.

Not sure about the beater yet. Hoping to purchase a 98-2000 Forester for about 1-2k.

Side note: Last weeks road trip to Syracuse, NY returned 650 km per tank (60L).
2011 Kizashi SX
KuroNekko

The MCA package really enhances the Mustang. I really dig the grill and those wheels are killer. Great looking car. I'd want to buy this package too.
The V6 is plenty powerful while delivering close to 30 MPG on the highway.

Is this a manual or auto?
KIZFAN2

Automatic, I heard that the manual in these cars are a slush box and made in China.

It does have select shifting and sport mode which locks out 6th and holds gears longer.

Then again, you can always modify the manual with an aftermarket short shifter.
2011 Kizashi SX
murcod

Nice Mustang. We're supposed to be getting them in Australia in a year or two.
David
bootymac

Congrats on the new car! Gone are the days when V6 Mustangs were a joke (210hp from a 4.0L :lol:).

Was the Ford dealer reluctant to accept the Kizashi as a trade in?
KIZFAN2

They had no issue accepting the trade but the value was up for debate. They started at 10k and used the "they don't sell cars in North American anymore and service/parts may become an issue" excuse but settled at $14,500 (I wasn't desperate to get rid of the car). The trade included my winter tires.

I have been watching the price drop weekly. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and they sold the car at a loss (13k). I don't feel bad considering the price difference of mustangs in Canada vs USA. I could have bought a GT for the price I paid.
2011 Kizashi SX
KuroNekko

KIZFAN2 wrote:Automatic, I heard that the manual in these cars are a slush box and made in China.
No joke and sadly, these Made in China MTs are known to be faulty.
http://jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-chin ... rd-mustang
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:
KIZFAN2 wrote:Automatic, I heard that the manual in these cars are a slush box and made in China.
No joke and sadly, these Made in China MTs are known to be faulty.
http://jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-chin ... rd-mustang
Ah, the irony of the "all American" car failing due to the use of inferior parts from China.