Where to get Kizashi parts these days?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
smsmart

So where do folks get parts for the Kizashi these days? Are there any reliable internet sites? I know Rock Auto sells some after market parts for the Kizashi (or so it seems), but they don't have everything.

I recently tried getting new front swaybar bushings, and I found a site called suzukicarparts.com (which coincidentally is run by the same dealership that sold me my Kizashi back when they were still a Suzuki dealer) that had them listed for purchase. So I went ahead and foolishly ordered a pair, but an hour after I submitted my order for the bushings, they sent me an email saying that the parts were discontinued by Suzuki and are not available. What the heck?

So now I'm stuck having to try getting a refund, and no bushings on order. Anyone have any idea where to get these swaybar bushings? Or parts in general? Is this Suzuki part scarcity beginning to rear its head?
murcod

Sounds like the dealer is just too lazy to bother ordering it. I experienced similar treatment when Toyota shut down Daihatsu locally and certain Toyota dealers were appointed as Daihatsu part outlets. Some of the appointed dealers claimed they couldn't get the parts and needed to be really pushed to do their job. :(

You could try locating other service centres http://www.suzukiauto.com/Service%20Provider.aspx or contact Suzuki USA directly and voice your complaint http://www.suzukiauto.com/Contact.aspx
David
gmkizashi

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/cat/C ... irect=true

Continue to search by part number. Try other dealers. You may have to go for a universal set. You would need to get measurements. Also, ask a repair shop for input that specializes in shocks. Has to be a way to get something to fit. Can they be that unique?

Good luck.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
murcod

gmkizashi wrote:Can they be that unique?
I investigated replacing mine and finding a generic fit D bush proved a problem. OEM bushes are often a different shape to aftermarket bushes (usually on the side that fits into the saddle clamp.) The best option I could think of was buying both a generic bush and matching generic saddle clamp for that bush. You need to also look at bolt spacing of the new clamp vs the subframe, while also keeping roughly the same clearance from the subframe to sway bar.

Here's a pic of the stock front D bush

And the thread where I started investigating replacing mine:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3056

If you only need new bar end links, then they're easy to find aftermarket.
David
KuroNekko

I don't think finding bushings is hard. It's all about getting the right size. There are companies that make polyurethane bushings as aftermarket upgrades to existing sway bars. Energy Suspension is one of them. Check this site out:
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Un ... shings.asp
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Yes, that link's in the other thread I posted. That was the most feasible option when I was looking, but you'd need to pull things apart to get accurate measurements before ordering a new bush and saddle clamp. I measured my bar at 24mm (15/16")- curse Energy only having imperial measurements....
David
nytq

That is strange. I ordered cvt fluid, coolant, and cvt drain plug gasket, wiper refills from suzukicarparts.com earlier this month with no problem.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Ronzuki

Yeah, I think it's just which dealer you work with. My dealer has no problems getting parts out of the Suzuki warehouses. Call D'Ambrosio in Frazer PA (610) 251-0900. Ask for Mike in parts (parts manager). He'll look up what you need, tell you if they're really available and if so get them in quick.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
smsmart

So turns out that the parts weren't discontinued after all...

I ended up emailing the person who was listed as a contact on the site asking for a refund since the parts were discontinued. Well, shortly thereafter I received a call from someone at the parts department at the dealer who runs the site, saying that the parts weren't actually discontinued, but rather were just on backorder and that they should come in about 3-4 days. Then shortly after that, I received an email reply from the original contact person that they'll go ahead and cancel the order for me and issue a refund...

Since the parts weren't actually unavailable and were just going to be delayed due to being on backorder, I didn't actually want to cancel my order at that point. So I had to write another email explaining the call I received and saying that I didn't want to cancel the order after all.

Long story short, it doesn't look like they're super organized over there, but at least I'm getting my bushings. Kind of a silly back and forth though...
krell

Whenever i need any parts i give Mike a call at D'Ambrosio or take the car to him and show him what parts i need.. he will have the parts in a few days.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?