Engine service light

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
murcod

Maybe just bad luck or have they found a damaged loom? You've owned it for a while now, so if accident damage it's taken a while to surface.

PS: It could just be something simple like a bad connection in a plug that needs cleaning. Hopefully they'll do some fault finding and not just throw new parts at it.
David
fernbrae

This is a picture of the Kizashi
Attachments
Kasihi.png
Kasihi.png (99.52 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
fernbrae

Hi guys ,
the kizashi is home after $ 543.00 , the two wires to the purge valve wer brokem in the loom down behind the inlet manifold where there is a "T " piece in the loom thet goes to the rear of the car and the other part goes to the ECU .
They cut these out and there is a break in both wires with no apparent marking on the wires , but the finger nail test clearly shows both the wires broken and a multi meter confirms this fact.
Put the scanner on and all is working properly , even shows the purge percentage .
Just glad it is fixed , the wife was not happy leaving her pride and joy at the dealers , but is happy now ( thank goodness ) and says it is going very well.
Again thanks for all the help, I could have maybe found this after some exhaustive investigations ,but really don`t have the time .
Ouch the bill still hurts .
Regards to all
Greg
bootymac

Glad you got it fixed! Sorry we couldn't help further.

What's the finger nail test?
fernbrae

finger nail test ,
in the wire run the finger nail over the wire , where the break is you will feel as oft section , that is the plastic outer cover but nothing below.
It is easy when you try , it is obvious nothing solid in the middle , just a soft section .
Maybe just my interpretation as an analogy , to try and explain the concept .
The wife is happy that's all that counts ( and me of course ) , but I am annoyed that I was not able to find the fault , given the new information and a bit more time , would have solved the mystery !!!!!

But all good it is fixed.
Regards
Greg
bootymac

Any ideas what could've caused it to break?
fernbrae

The dealer suspects that is has had a hit in the front and the motor was removed , thus hitting the Loom on the way out .
I don`t think that was the case , as the wires show no signs of a hard hit , outer plastic casing is perfectly in tact , but the wire is broken inside the outer cover , very odd in my opinion , but I did not see where these wires were removed form , I will have a good look aver the weekend .
Rgds
Greg
murcod

Is the loom too short from the factory, or was it not routed quite right?

A Hyundai the wife owned had a similar problem- it would cut out and surge badly. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong and we drove it like that for a long time. This was pre OBDII so I couldn't scan it and the dealer kept claiming there were no codes (the reality was they'd never scanned it....) It turned out there was a known fault where the loom to the knock sensor was too short. Over time (with engine movement) the loom would break and then become intermittent. Ironically, I found that out when I took the injectors in to get them cleaned/ tested. The guy who owned the fuel injector cleaning place had an employee with the same model vehicle who recently fixed the same problem on his car.

The dealer had never heard of it; I repaired it myself.
David
fernbrae

Not sure about it being too short .
Will have a look at the weekend , and see where it is that the break occurred .
When I have looked at the motor , cover removed , all looked as it should all the restraining ties were in place , I doubt it has been hit , as it is perfect under the bonnet , but could be wrong -no way to tell --perhaps could ring the old owner and ask ??
From this forum , my vehicle seems that it is not the only one that has suffered the same problem.
It was suggested even in this set of posts --so maybe a good kept secret ,just like the Hyundai perhaps.
Rgds
Greg
murcod

fernbrae wrote: From this forum , my vehicle seems that it is not the only one that has suffered the same problem.
It was suggested even in this set of posts --so maybe a good kept secret ,just like the Hyundai perhaps.
Rgds
Greg
I don't think anyone else on here has suffered the same problem. I think it was more helpful suggestions on possible causes for that fault code, that happened to match up with your problem. (Not a case of people withholding info- Kizashi problems are openly discussed on here, not hidden. ;) )

If you can locate the area where the break occurred could you post a photo please? It may help someone else in the future and enable others to check their looms in that area.
David