Just got my new Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
TheHolyGhost

If you search the forum you'll find a few threads about people having problems with their subs/amps. It seems pretty hit or miss after replacement as well. Good luck, though!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Zeid

jdavis1879 wrote:Does everyone have issues with the subwoofer or amp? They are replacing my sub in the morning and i wanna know if anyone has issues after its replaced. I also have to have the passenger side tail light replaced because mine has condensation in it.
What's the issue with the sub/amp? My sound seems to go up and down on it's own, even with the auto volume control OFF. Could that be the cause? Did your dealer know right away how to fix it?

And my buddy who bought a red Kizashi had the same issue with condensation. They replaced it no questions asked when they saw it. Nothing in mine so far but will watch for it!
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
TheHolyGhost

I have condensation in one of my headlights. They're replacing it. They have been replacing amps for people who have had problems. I think there is a TSB about it.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
purpleanga

Today I got my first gremlin experience, my Kizashi is a few days old from the dealr. I got a call on my very bad cell phone and suddenly the info panel on the center stack started to flicker, all the numbers and words where flickering and being mixed not making any sense. I turned off the radio, that didn't do anything. I turned off the car to reset and that didn't do anything either. I drove for about 5 minutes, nothing. So started to make calls on my cellphone and to have someone call me back. Before that person called me back the panel went normal again. I'm guessing it was just the new electronics getting exposed to cell phone signals for the first time. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again!

Edit: Well it looks like there's a problem with my center stack display. It wasn't because of my cell phone. Service is scheduled. :|
Samfield

I've owned my Kizashi (AWD/SE/CVT) for 4 days so far and love it. This is the first car I've owned in nearly 30 years without a manual shift so it has been a bit of culture shock driving an automatic. (Age and a bit of arthritis have caught up to me.) I've owned an Altima, Passat, Jetta, Contour SVT and Mazda 6 among others. The Kizashi is the best of the bunch...at least as early impressions and snap judgements go.
Shaneous

Zeid wrote:
jdavis1879 wrote:Does everyone have issues with the subwoofer or amp? They are replacing my sub in the morning and i wanna know if anyone has issues after its replaced. I also have to have the passenger side tail light replaced because mine has condensation in it.
What's the issue with the sub/amp? My sound seems to go up and down on it's own, even with the auto volume control OFF. Could that be the cause? Did your dealer know right away how to fix it?

.. if it's the same as the issue I and many others had, then the amp itself is from a faulty batch and needs repalcing.
ROCK

jdavis1879 wrote:I just purchased a black Kizashi GTS 6 speed. It's the 12th car ive owned in 10 years and by far my favorite. I stayed away from the CVT because my last car had one and it makes the engine too buzzy for me. I average over 28 miles to the gallon too. Just a great car

Congrats. I think you made a great choice too with the 6S.

ROAD/RACE