Worst Car You Have Ever Driven

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Fritz2

I had an 06 Taurus and it wasn't terrible. The only thing that went wrong with it was the latter day nemesis of Fords- bad throttle body at 90k miles. Until then it was stone reliable, absolutely no fun to drive, had a decent interior( SEL trim), but godawfully uncomfortable seats on a long trip. Paid 11k used, drove it 70k miles, got 4200$ on trade, actually felt pretty good about that. Traded it in for the Kizashi, thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Never underestimate the remarkably comfortable seats in the Kizzy!
Moto
Site Admin

I think ours was good over 120k miles. We have had a 2002 since new. However, the car seems to have reached its expiration date around 150k. Interior has started to delaminate from the car. I'm fixing stuff on it all the time now (fairly normal stuff like gaskets).

I'm expecting the transmission to go any day. There is a pump that inside the transmission that has a tendency to fail. I think that may be starting to happen.

All that said... I don't think the car is junk. I just don't like driving it. Every time I drive it I find something new to fix.
SamirD

Worst ever, hands down--Jeep Patriot.

It was a recent rental and would squeal the tires (like bloody murder squeal when taking turns at 15mph. Didn't feel stable at all at 45mph and took forever to get up to 70mph. I postponed my trip to Alabama and got a different car instead. I didn't think anything could drive that bad!
SamirD

redmed wrote:LOL I wish I was in the dealership when you drove in with the horn blaring!
I bet the security video had to be awesome! :lol:
delusional29

Worst car for me: Dodge Neon. Can't remember the year of the car since I've erased the fact that I owned it from my mind.

I broke the plastic engine mounts. Twice. Luckily it was under warranty. The head gasket needed replacing too. I traded it in right after the warranty expired. POS.
Marcov71

1986 Plymouth Turismo. It was my first car. Everything that could go wrong with that car, DID!! I was a broke kid in college and spent more time at the shop than in school. Piece of Crap.
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
sx4rocious

delusional29 wrote:Worst car for me: Dodge Neon. Can't remember the year of the car since I've erased the fact that I owned it from my mind.

I broke the plastic engine mounts. Twice. Luckily it was under warranty. The head gasket needed replacing too. I traded it in right after the warranty expired. POS.
Ditto! Mine was a 95 and the #3 spark plug was stripped in the block. While climbing a decent hill, you'd here a POP and out it would come! Causing the car to slow to about 30 mph until you could get to the top and plug it back in. The entire spark plug and wire would be laying on top of the head like it belonged there... All 4 windows would also leak, so if the winter was particularly harsh, you had to chip the gas pedal out from the standing water frozen frozen to the carpet to get it to move. The plastic washer around the fuel pump broke causing a steady and uncontrollable stream of fuel to spill from the tank to the ground at a time when gas was $5 a gallon. And lastly, the radio worked intermittently. A definite no-no if you know me...
Fritz2

Wow. Sounds like Neons really fit the definition of disposable cars.
NiteRider

Geo Storm - Worst car I ever owned by far. You never drove it, you had to fight it. I don't know what was worse, sweating from trying to drive it after a 30 minute commute or having your hands continually shake afterwards. At times I thought the car was coming apart at highway speeds. I'm not that religious, but I did more than my fair share of praying when merged on.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
patrick3967

2002 Land Rover Freelander. Complete engine failure and replacement at 18,000 miles. Complete transmission failure coming home after the engine replacement. Happily a pizza guy wrecked it when it was park and got me out from under that particular rock. (Thankfully without injuring himself) By far the worst car ever built, and from talking to other owners and reading Land Rover forums, my experience was pretty typical.