FOLLOW-UP TO **WARNING ABOUT AIRBAGS***

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
RABBY55

I am responding to the comments made about my post regarding the airbag glitch. (My logon is different as I had to re-register for some reason) If everyone would have read my post a little more clearly, you would have noted that we bought the Kizashi because we LOVED the car. After the incident I had, which was described truthfully, Suzuki completely turned their backs on us. That is why I posted here...If for nothing else, a warning to owners of the Kizashi. Since it is a first year model, yes, there may be some manufacturer defects. I was in the car, I know what happened , and every airbag deployed, except for the passenger seat. Why would I need to "make up" a story...I"m a grown woman and I know how the incident unfolded. Even the cops (who we called to document, even though there was not another car involved) said they could not believe the airbags deployed..They commented they NEVER saw all the bags go off for a minor front end collision. I cannot take pictures since the car has been taken to State Farms' storage site in order to perform the evaluation. They intend to subrogate against Suzuki. What is important to note here, we would have definitely replaced the car with another Kizashi, in a heartbeat, if Suzuki had even said well we should investigate, maybe there was something wrong, maybe there is a glitch in this new model, etc. All they said was, too bad; you had an accident; let your insurance take care of it.
speedsterz

My car is sitting at my dealer's serivce department at this very moment regarding the passenger airbag sensor that turns off everytime I have someone in the passenger seat. There may definitely be something up with the airbags.

I will keep updated....
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
Hawkzilla

speedsterz wrote:My car is sitting at my dealer's serivce department at this very moment regarding the passenger airbag sensor that turns off everytime I have someone in the passenger seat. There may definitely be something up with the airbags.

I will keep updated....
Mine does the same thing... if the passenger (my gf) is too light, this sometimes happens. This is where it pays off to read your manual when you buy a new car, as it clearly addresses this issue. If she is sitting with her weight shifted to the side, as she often does, the passenger airbag will turn off. It does this as to not injure a small child/infant that might be sitting there (if you're a bad parent).

To the OP... now you have a new handle? And still no pics? You're story gets thinner by the second... :geek:

PS - I came to a complete stop on a road with about a 10 degree decline and let me foot "slip off the brake". I could have gotten out and physically rolled faster than my car was moving, even after 10 seconds.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
lookin

Speedsterz i was gonna say same thing to you as hawkzilla and your dealer should know that too ... N e way plus one to hawkzilla .. Lol i tried to it just dont pan out at 10 mph
speedsterz

Hawk & Lookin, you guys are absolutely correct...I did read the manual as soon as I encountered this issue. My girlfriend weighs around 125 and no matter what position she's in the airbag systems reads "off". My father is pushin 280, no matter what angle he sits in he's smack in the middle and it reads "off"

I picked up the car from the dealer and they could not reproduce....I get in the car and ask the service advisor to get in and BAM, "airbag off"

I'm chalking it up to either a lazy dealership or growing pains of a brand new model.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Platinum Silver

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
autopiolet

I'm sure the insurance will try to get Suzuki to pay for this faulty air bag experience. I tried taking my foot off the break to see if my was would go suddenly accelerate somewhere shy of 10 mph but I had plenty of time notice my car moving so I didn't hit anything. I did try letting my foot slip off the break and onto the gas peddle and I was able to replicate her story-so be nice people :roll:
JDReichert

Just for interest. I checked my "passenger air bag" light and it appears to be functioning as discribed in the book. My wife assisted me in the test and she weights about 118 lbs (don't let he know I told this). We have a SLS built in Oct. 2009.

Jerry -2010 SLS, 1983 BMw 633CSi, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL (euro) :D :D
TheHolyGhost

I've had a similar issue with the airbags and the dealer gave me a document on why it's fine, but I'm still skeptical that there isn't an issue with my passenger sensor. My girlfriend sits the same way she did in my last car (Legacy) and that sensor never turned off because she leaned to the side or something.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
lookin

autopiolet wrote:I'm sure the insurance will try to get Suzuki to pay for this faulty air bag experience. I tried taking my foot off the break to see if my was would go suddenly accelerate somewhere shy of 10 mph but I had plenty of time notice my car moving so I didn't hit anything. I did try letting my foot slip off the break and onto the gas peddle and I was able to replicate her story-so be nice people :roll:
what exactly were you able to replicate....anyways while this instance could be a faulty airbag system the possibility exists no disputing that it could be any car not suzuki specifically as said before people here had situations where airbags didnt deploy so maybe she was unfortunate to have this happen WHAT ALSO DID HER IN WITH ME WAS SO SHE PURCHASED a hyundai that has everything or better[personally i dont like hyundai thats just me though everyone got there taste] like hyundai dont have they own issues which every car manufacturer has.the nice thing for her to have done was state her situation maybe as a heads up thats what forums are for but i personally dont think we need a hyundai commercial in the kizashi forum..i bought the car i wanted after much research who is she bragging too.hyundai has enough commercials thats my take and somehow i still think she was going faster than 10 mph like someone said that might be her story to make herself feel better..cause she messed up..and maybe suzuki thinks the same too..n e ways go head baby enjoy your hyundai good luck ..
autopiolet

Despite my poor grammar I was trying to be funny saying my foot slipped onto the gas peddle, in other words that is how I got it to accelerate so fast.