rpm drop too low after replacing a new battery, pls help!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
tan jc

first it was battery died and i can't find a battery replacement immediately,
all shops were closed.
my dash board display become wierd
so i left my car in a "battery disconnected" situation for more 15 hours before replacing a new one

after i reconnect battery
car start well, but now have new problem...
the rpm drop too low (below 600) at the every "very moment" i stop my car,
but it turn back to 700 rpm after 1~2 seconds.
when rpm dropped too low, i can felt the car engine vibrate

what should i do ?

do i need a MASTER RESET ? re TUNNING ?

anybody could advise me?

mine is an automatic FWD SLS sport 2012 ( i presume)
KuroNekko

When you disconnect the battery, the PCM is reset. Basically, the car needs to "relearn" its fuel trims. I think your low idle is part of this process. It should improve shortly. If not, you may need to see a service dealer about an update, if applicable, especially since you have a CVT.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
tan jc

do i need re TUNNING ?
local service centre here can't perform re TUNNING,
but they told me they can do RESET.
tan jc

it quit annoy me on the first day,
but improve on the next 2 days
however it seen stay low idle for many days till now,

Mr. KuroNekko, pls advice me

what should i do? RESET?
tan jc

Mr. KuroNekko,
may i ask what is UPdate that you mean?
programming ? reset ? tuning ?
KuroNekko

tan jc wrote:Mr. KuroNekko,
may i ask what is UPdate that you mean?
programming ? reset ? tuning ?
The update is for the software that controls your Powertrain (engine and transmission). Given you have a CVT, software updates can change characteristics of the CVT's performance.
However, given that the change came about after you disconnected your battery (which resets the PCM's learned settings), I think the car just needs to relearn. You also stated that the car's idle improved over a few days which indicates the relearn process took effect.
If the idle is too low and causes concern, it's best to get it checked out. Just keep in mind that a lot of factors affect idle RPM. A cold engine that needs to warm up will idle higher for a number reasons. Also, using accessories like the A/C will also affect your idle.
I personally drive a manual Kizashi so things are a bit different with an automatic. Idle RPMs tend to be different and I also idle in Neutral instead of in Park or Drive like in automatics. These differences affect idle RPM as well so I can't really comment on a normal idle RPM for a CVT Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
G13b

Faulty PCV my opinion..go to a car shop have a scan tool, look at the Short Term Fuel Trim and Long Term Fuel Trim values. Normal range is plus or minus 8. If the numbers are +10 or higher for STFT and LTFT, the engine is running LEAN. If you rev the engine to 1500 to 2000 rpm and hold it for a minute or so, and the STFT value drops back down to a more normal reading, it confirms the engine has a vacuum leak at idle. If the STFT value does not change much, the lean fuel condition is more likely a fuel delivery problem weak fuel pump, restricted fuel filter, dirty fuel injectors or a leaky fuel pressure regulator than a vacuum leak. GOOD LUCK.
If you write wash on mycar I will carve resuscitate me on your chest.
tan jc

low rpm only for 1 ~ 2 second, it won't last long, only for the very moment if i have my car stop
if i stop my kiz in a manner, pressing brake to stop but release a bit when stop and lets the car slipping forward a little bit ,
it won't have any low rpm trouble,

when car stop after a second, either i press the brake or shift the gear to Neutral, rpm also running well, won't drop too low.

is that my engine leak ?
LPSISRL

Tan,
I experienced the same thing as did several others. After replacing my battery and having my TCM re-learn, it completely went away. I can't remember the last time it happened. I believe Kuro to be correct in just being patient for the TCM to complete it's relearning process. The problem seems the worst under moderate to heavy braking when coming to a stop. If this is your driving style, try modifying it for awhile. Make longer, smoother stops and see what happens. Avoid abrupt braking. If that does not do it, disconnect the battery again for 30 minutes and then let the TCM re-learn again using longer, smoother stops. Try to avoid abruptly coming to a stop as that's when it happens.
Last edited by LPSISRL on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
tan jc

Mr. LPSISRL
yes, you are right,
when i made Longer and smoother stop, it feel much better.
so, should i let the car RE-LEARN for another 1 or 2 weeks before i take further action?