Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
nytq

Ronzuki wrote:Can't buy anything worth a damn or reliable, new, for under 30k these days. Even at that, it's a crap shoot. Couple that with manual transmissions going extinct, you are pretty much SOL.
YEP, Hence the renegade LOL.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
nytq

If only Suzuki hadn't pulled out :(
KuroNekko

nytq wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:Can't buy anything worth a damn or reliable, new, for under 30k these days. Even at that, it's a crap shoot. Couple that with manual transmissions going extinct, you are pretty much SOL.
Actually, there is another vehicle that fits the requirements as a manual 4x4 CUV:
Subaru XV Crosstrek.

It's reliable and very capable as a CUV with better off-road ability than most CUVs but it's down on power, making it a real slouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

nytq wrote:
golftango wrote:Because I wouldn't touch a FCA product with a 10 foot pole. That's why the T&C and Caravan are the least most reliable minivan, the JGC is the least most reliable SUV, the 200 and 300, the least reliable sedans, etc, etc. And the Fiat 500L, which the Renegade is based on, is the least reliable subcompact. Actually the 500L is the least reliable single model.
All I want is a 4x4 cuv with manual transmission, for around 20k. Please show me they way and I'll follow
$20K will be a tough price point for any 4WD CUV/SUV unless you go used. Subaru would be your best bet.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
nytq

golftango wrote:
nytq wrote:
golftango wrote:Because I wouldn't touch a FCA product with a 10 foot pole. That's why the T&C and Caravan are the least most reliable minivan, the JGC is the least most reliable SUV, the 200 and 300, the least reliable sedans, etc, etc. And the Fiat 500L, which the Renegade is based on, is the least reliable subcompact. Actually the 500L is the least reliable single model.
All I want is a 4x4 cuv with manual transmission, for around 20k. Please show me they way and I'll follow
$20K will be a tough price point for any 4WD CUV/SUV unless you go used. Subaru would be your best bet.
I can get the base renegade for $19,800
nytq

KuroNekko wrote:
nytq wrote:
Actually, there is another vehicle that fits the requirements as a manual 4x4 CUV:
Subaru XV Crosstrek.

It's reliable and very capable as a CUV with better off-road ability than most CUVs but it's down on power, making it a real slouch.

The Crosstek is my backup if really don't like the renegade, or quality issues for the one I want outweigh the pro's. I'll be getting 2017 model so they've had 2 years to work out any bugs. So far the only repeated issue I hear from owners is the auto trans. I wont be dealing with that. The Crosstek is also a couple grand more. I really don't think the crosstek will be as much fun to drive. But the option is still open.
golftango

nytq wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
nytq wrote:
Subaru XV Crosstrek.

The Crosstek is my backup if really don't like the renegade, or quality issues for the one I want outweigh the pro's. I'll be getting 2017 model so they've had 2 years to work out any bugs. So far the only repeated issue I hear from owners is the auto trans. I wont be dealing with that. The Crosstek is also a couple grand more. I really don't think the crosstek will be as much fun to drive. But the option is still open.
I've been reading about lots of electronic issues. Seriously, I'd really think used/CPO or if you must have new, Subaru,

Don't forget, that Renegade will depreciate like a rock vs a comparable Subaru.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Ronzuki

nytq wrote:I can get the base renegade for $19,800
lol that's just the beginning. It's a JEEP thing, and you WILL understand.
Just Empty Every Pocket.

Also remember any service visit to deal with the problems (and you will certainly have them) turns in to at least 3 visits nearly every time. First to diagnose (hopefully) and order parts dealer never has in stock (no matter what it is). Second, repeat of first visit, or, attempt to 'fix' original problem. Third, to either re-fix original problem, or, even most annoying, to repair/diagnose another issue monkey injected working on the original. Repeat. A real irritating, time wasting pain in the azz. Go ahead, ask me how I now this....

Seriously, if you must have a manual, stick with the Subaru. Going from a top end Japanese built Kizashi to a freaking Fiat Jeep...well, I'd wager you won't own it for long. The difference in quality is going to kill you. I personally didn't care for the Renegade when I drove one. I can't explain it, but you could just feel it wasn't going to be a durable long-term type vehicle to own.

If you can bring yourself to go w/ an auto, and can spend a few more dollars, try a base model AWD RAV4 LE (non-CVT). Very nice vehicle, solid and Toyota reliable. Bought one for our daughter this past May at invoice, off a dealer's lot w/0% finance and a $750 grad rebate.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
nytq

Ronzuki wrote:
nytq wrote:I can get the base renegade for $19,800
lol that's just the beginning. It's a JEEP thing, and you WILL understand.
Just Empty Every Pocket.

Also remember any service visit to deal with the problems (and you will certainly have them) turns in to at least 3 visits nearly every time. First to diagnose (hopefully) and order parts dealer never has in stock (no matter what it is). Second, repeat of first visit, or, attempt to 'fix' original problem. Third, to either re-fix original problem, or, even most annoying, to repair/diagnose another issue monkey injected working on the original. Repeat. A real irritating, time wasting pain in the azz. Go ahead, ask me how I now this....

Seriously, if you must have a manual, stick with the Subaru. Going from a top end Japanese built Kizashi to a freaking Fiat Jeep...well, I'd wager you won't own it for long. The difference in quality is going to kill you. I personally didn't care for the Renegade when I drove one. I can't explain it, but you could just feel it wasn't going to be a durable long-term type vehicle to own.

If you can bring yourself to go w/ an auto, and can spend a few more dollars, try a base model AWD RAV4 LE (non-CVT). Very nice vehicle, solid and Toyota reliable. Bought one for our daughter this past May at invoice, off a dealer's lot w/0% finance and a $750 grad rebate.
WOW, Jeep must have really stuck it to you at some point LOL.

The Crosstek is definitley a strong 2nd. But their are not enough complaints from real renegade owners to sway me away yet.

I still have 5 more months to sleep on it.
Ronzuki

nytq wrote: WOW, Jeep must have really stuck it to you at some point LOL.
But their are not enough complaints from real renegade owners to sway me away yet.
In reality, not too many people out there willing to publicly admit they efed up on a major purchase decision. They'll just fade away from those forums after dumping their mistake.

Yeah Jeep (Daimler Chrylser) stuck it to me for 6years and 70+thousand miles. They built me a really nice POS 2004 Rubicon TJ. Was to become my expedition vehicle and Samurai replacement after the 70k warranty ran out. Instead, that thing had so many problems with simple daily driving I would NEVER have trusted it making a trek to MOAB or Ouray to wheel anything let alone hit the kind of trails I'd want to make it worth my while for the trip(s) and I traded it in on the Kizashi. Now I have a strippo 2014 JK Unlimited Willys (replaced the suburban as the Samurai's tow vehicle and all around throw crap in the back hauler) which is earning some reliability creds after 2+ years and 15,000 miles of street only driving. I may start building it soon to make those trips out west as I'd planned on doing with the TJ Rubicon.

Still not crazy about the non-reversible TCM flash a dealer did at an annual inspection w/o my consent and the never ending puddles of water on the front, thankfully rubber matted, floor pans. That and the Freedom top's (removable hardtop) near constant water leak dripping all over the dash which then runs down (and in to) the stereo. Getting tired of taking it back for that crap...just living with it. Towel on top of dash keeps it outta the stereo. I will say the A/C valve repair seems to be holding, except, there's more of a growl it seems now from the compressor. Have to remember to take it back, again, and fight with them about that before the warranty expires next year. Mechanically (drivetrain), though, I'm pretty pleased thus far. The Pentastar V6 is a great engine...far better than the Rubicon's I6. It's a Jeep and I understand this fact, and this is a biggie...it's not my primary daily driver. I am more than thrilled after winter's slop is done to be back driving my Kizashi on a regular basis.

ye be warned....
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)