Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
nytq

Just getting around to 110K miles. Passed my latest inspection. No major issues with the car. Changed brake pads at 90K. All other maintenance done on schedule. I'm going to do my second CVT fluid change in a couple of weeks. I have the fluid on hand and I plan on trading her in around February 2017 (when the loan is paid off) Yippy!, so I figured I might as well use it or lose it. Doing the same with extra blue coolant I have on hand. Really has been a great car. My next vehicle will have alot to live up to. Probable going with a base version of the jeep renegade, 4X4 manual.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KuroNekko

nytq wrote:Just getting around to 110K miles. Passed my latest inspection. No major issues with the car. Changed brake pads at 90K. All other maintenance done on schedule. I'm going to do my second CVT fluid change in a couple of weeks. I have the fluid on hand and I plan on trading her in around February 2017 (when the loan is paid off) Yippy!, so I figured I might as well use it or lose it. Doing the same with extra blue coolant I have on hand. Really has been a great car. My next vehicle will have alot to live up to. Probable going with a base version of the jeep renegade, 4X4 manual.
I like the Jeep Renegade myself but given my Kizashi has half the mileage of yours, I'll be keeping it for much longer. I think the 4x4 manual is quite appealing too among the Renegades. However, the issues I have with it are that it's a turbo that I believe requires Premium gas. I'm also very wary that it's a Jeep made by Fiat in Italy and both of these brands are notorious for quality control issues. That being said, I haven't heard bad things about the Renegade yet other than it gets worse MPGs than segment rivals. I also wish that they had the Trailhawk edition or offroad bits for the manual versions but in all reality, it's a CUV that simply has above-average offroad ability.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nytq

KuroNekko wrote:
nytq wrote:Just getting around to 110K miles. Passed my latest inspection. No major issues with the car. Changed brake pads at 90K. All other maintenance done on schedule. I'm going to do my second CVT fluid change in a couple of weeks. I have the fluid on hand and I plan on trading her in around February 2017 (when the loan is paid off) Yippy!, so I figured I might as well use it or lose it. Doing the same with extra blue coolant I have on hand. Really has been a great car. My next vehicle will have alot to live up to. Probable going with a base version of the jeep renegade, 4X4 manual.
I like the Jeep Renegade myself but given my Kizashi has half the mileage of yours, I'll be keeping it for much longer. I think the 4x4 manual is quite appealing too among the Renegades. However, the issues I have with it are that it's a turbo that I believe requires Premium gas. I'm also very wary that it's a Jeep made by Fiat in Italy and both of these brands are notorious for quality control issues. That being said, I haven't heard bad things about the Renegade yet other than it gets worse MPGs than segment rivals. I also wish that they had the Trailhawk edition or offroad bits for the manual versions but in all reality, it's a CUV that simply has above-average offroad ability.
The Premium Fuel Requirement scared me at first, but then I got a hold of a renegade owner's manual that states you can use regular, but they recommend premium for best fuel economy and performance. If I had to spend the money on premium all the time, it would be a deal breaker.
KuroNekko

nytq wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
The Premium Fuel Requirement scared me at first, but then I got a hold of a renegade owner's manual that states you can use regular, but they recommend premium for best fuel economy and performance. If I had to spend the money on premium all the time, it would be a deal breaker.
Ah, good to know. Sounds similar to the new Mazda CX-9. That's also a turbo vehicle that can run Regular but Premium is recommended for optimal performance. It looks like engineers are now creating multiple fuel mapping based on what the fuel type is for these non-performance turbo engines.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

A forum I frequent has a very long thread about a lemon base manual turbo Renegade.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... mpressions
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
WESHOOT2

As someone actively involved in the automotive business, I would suggest exploring alternatives to the Renegade.
nytq

LOL, and what exactly would that be :)
golftango

Because I wouldn't touch a FCA product with a 10 foot pole. That's why the T&C and Caravan are the least most reliable minivan, the JGC is the least most reliable SUV, the 200 and 300, the least reliable sedans, etc, etc. And the Fiat 500L, which the Renegade is based on, is the least reliable subcompact. Actually the 500L is the least reliable single model.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
nytq

golftango wrote:Because I wouldn't touch a FCA product with a 10 foot pole. That's why the T&C and Caravan are the least most reliable minivan, the JGC is the least most reliable SUV, the 200 and 300, the least reliable sedans, etc, etc. And the Fiat 500L, which the Renegade is based on, is the least reliable subcompact. Actually the 500L is the least reliable single model.
All I want is a 4x4 cuv with manual transmission, for around 20k. Please show me they way and I'll follow
Ronzuki

Can't buy anything worth a damn or reliable, new, for under 30k these days. Even at that, it's a crap shoot. Couple that with manual transmissions going extinct, you are pretty much SOL.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)