New Rattle--Please call American Suzuki to report!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
stapletondoc

My kizashi has developed a very noticeable rattle since the recall was done on the car some time ago. I have lived with it thus far but it completely annoying. The car only has 6000 miles. It is most pronounced going 30mph over small bumps in the road. It appears to be coming from the front right side. Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by stapletondoc on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD CVT in Platinum Silver
Denver, CO
TheHolyGhost

I have one from the right side, too. It seems to be coming from the seatbelt area. Is yours similar?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
stapletondoc

Well....I am not certain. I thought it may have been the glove box....then I thought it was something loose under the car (like the panels you remove to do the oil changes)....then I thought it was something to do with the suspension....I am having a devil of a time localizing the rattle because it is not continuous. You have to be going over a bump at just the right speed to set it off. Maybe it is the seatbelt....who knows? I dread taking it in because I know they won't find out what's causing it. They already don't care much for me because of the stink I made about the peeling paint on the front bumper.
Denver, CO
KizzyOHIO

I have the same noise!!! And like both of you I have thought it was in the dash, the glove box, the rear seat, the seatbelt. Based on speed and the size of the bump it throws the accustics off. (I am unwilling to admit there may be more than one) Of course if I have the stereo on I don't hear any noise. Of course I was really hoping it was one of the badges making the noise... so I removed them all!!!!
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-
TheHolyGhost

Hahaha, my badges are off, it can't be that!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
JDReichert

To all with "THE RADDLE IN THE DASK". I'm so pleased others have this same raddle at 30 mph. I was beginning to think it was in my head. The dealer has looked for it but indicated they would require removing the dash to search further, and I'm sure that could cause more problems. I'm 75 years old, wear hearing aids, and just "turn them off" when it starts to annoy me. If any one finds out what is causing the noise, please post it here.

Jerry - 2010 Kizashi SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
stapletondoc

I am so glad that I am not the only one as well!!!
Denver, CO
JDReichert

I doug out my window listing of the options and I didn't see were they charged extra for this rattle. Sometimes you just get more than you pay for!

Jerry - 2010 SLS (equipped with rattle) 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL (without rattle) 1983 BMW 633CSi (also without rattle)
stapletondoc

LOL
Denver, CO
Samfield

My Kizashi SE has less than 700 miles and I have a rattle on the passenger side adjacent to the glove box. It comes and goes. I had a very pronounced rattle from time to time in the overhead console when traversing rough roads...found to be my sunglasses in the overhead bin! Generally my Kizashi is buttoned-down and quiet. Great car...lots of compliments.