New Rattle--Please call American Suzuki to report!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
mapeterson2

^^ VERY good info! That's the first thing I'm going to check if it happens to me.
2005 Pontiac GTO - 375 rwhp
2001 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock w/ 6 inch lift
alishajj

hello every body,
i bought my new kizashi sport sls 2011 and i just drive it for 1800km and i have a noisy sound from the right front side uper the tire maybe inside the glave box, but this sound come from time to time when i drive over pumper, please any one have solution because i wen to suzuki service and they did not regonize the source of this sound, thanks
OMGYeti

Just bought a Kiz GTS last week. It's got about 1,200 miles on it now, 700 of which were apparently from the excessive number of test drives it want in the few months it sat on the local dealer's lot. The day I bought it I had to leave it with them to replace the sub which was already blown.

Since then I've driven it and noticed pretty much any time I'm going over 35mph there is a constant rattling coming from the front passenger door. I'm fairly certain it's from within the actual door as sometimes applying pressure to the panel will quiet the noise, and playing certain songs with a lot of bass will definitely set it off. I'm going to take it to the dealer, especially since I know one specific track that can cause it to happen without fail.

I've never had a car with a rattle like this, and to have a brand new car doing this is unacceptable to me. I'll let you all know what happens once I have it looked at.
Current rides - Kizashi GTS, Mercury Sable LS(Beater)
Old rides - 350Z(RIP), Scion xB, Dodge Stealth, Mitsu 3kGT VR-4
VicLikesCars2

To ALISHAJJ and OMGYeti:

Thank you for these posts. I was starting to think I was the last one to have this rattle because the tread has been so quiet for some time. I keep hoping that stapletondoc will post again with an up-date. We haven't heard about any progress he's made since Nov. 12th (above). His description of the problem is spot-on.

Not to be prematurely negative, but wouldn't THREE trips to service with no fix qualify for a Lemon-law buy-back? Just asking... I know I'm getting tired of hearing the noise and have begun thinking of some way to get rid of this car. My personal financial structure is such that it would be very difficult to try to unload this car before next October ( the one-year anniversary of purchase) and the thoughts of living with the noise, an unlocatable, unfixable noise, is really getting to me.

Just to be sure, I really, really like this car. If one of you guys can come up with the fix, and will post it here, I will buy you a good steak dinner! And, if not, I have a nice used car for sale...
KIZAWDinKC

I have noticed sometimes maybe a little rattling from the door panel or glove box area. Nothing really bad. But it seems to happen when the temperature drops below 40 degrees or much much lower. The more frigid it is, the more likely you will hear panel rattling, and the car seems to ride a little rougher too suspension wise too when it's cold. We had a 60 degree day yesterday (winter heat wave), and I noticed that my Kizashi GTS rode much softer and smoother with the warmer temperature. None of this surprised me. I drove a toyota camry before I got my Kizashi, and the toyota did the exact same thing. Panel rattling when it gets really cold outside.

Also, once in a while, if I go over my driveway curb, I might hear a sound come from the left front wheel are like it's one of the struts/shocks possibly. I keep listening for it every time I go over the curb, but it usually doesn't happen. So yea, I get very paranoid about any little sound. It happens and I don't expect perfection with these particular cars. My camry had similar characteristics. But, when it's warm out, my Kizashi rides nice. Even with the sunroof open and going down the road, it's quiet. I love it.
alishajj

My kizashi sport 2011 now it's 2000km and I still have the very bad noisy from inside the glove box and from the right front side , on Monday jan 3 , 2011 am going to Suzuki dealer in Beirut and give them my kizashi either to fix these noise or to take it because I can not drive it any more with these noise, by the way these noises I noticed it from the first time I drive my kizashi and I went to the dealer 3 time for the same problem and they do not fix my problem, please any one have an idea ! thanks
bsafatly

Mr Alishajj, did they fix your problem in Beirut? If not yet please try to be patient since all the world is trying to solve this issue and everybody will be happy ever after.
Good luck.
alishajj

Finally I fixed it, the Suzuki dealer here in Beirut found the solution of the noisy sound from the front left side and really they fix my car, thanks for them
chazyouwin

Salaam wa elaikum!

Can you give us any insight into what they found in Beruit as to the cause of the rattle?
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
VicLikesCars2

ALISHAJJ: I too would like it very much if you could post more about your car and what was found/fixed. If terminology is a problem for you, maybe you could simply tell us what is written on your copy of the Service Order. How did the writer describe your complaint in writing? Was there any description of action taken, adjustments made, or parts/assemblies replaced?

For example, is there mention of a new canibbler shaft, or up-graded muffler bearings, maybe some premium turn-signal fluid... These, of course, are made-up things, but anything you can tell us might be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any "insight" (love that term...) you can provide us.