How far can you go on ---?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
CCS77

No you actually WIN!!! Ok folks...60mi past the --- and your coming to a screetching halt give or take a few miles depending on your driving style.

Way to take one for the team! lol
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
AlphaLima

CCS77 wrote:No you actually WIN!!! Ok folks...60mi past the --- and your coming to a screetching halt give or take a few miles depending on your driving style.

Way to take one for the team! lol
Well you know. Anything I can do to help! I'm just glad I didn't get stranded in the middle of nowhere on the toll road. Well, at least that nice Highway Patrol officer wouldn't have been too far behind me.

I got about 19.6 mpg that tank. That's the first tank I did the math manually, but I've been hitting around 20 - 21 mpg average according to the computer so that seems fairly accurate. That's with the AWD always on. I've turned it off a few times, but then I always think what's the point of having it? So I switch it back on.
TheHolyGhost

This is great information. Thanks AlphaLima, you have our life long gratitude.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Northernstar

Right now I am at 70km since the light came on. From what AlphaLima said, I guess I am still good for a few days lol.
AlexRuiz

AlphaLima wrote:Ok... I lose!

I was 500 feet past a gas pump and sputtered to a stop this morning. Thank you to the good Samaritans who helped shoved me into the station. I wasn't trying honestly, but got pulled over by the highway patrol 10 minutes before and got distracted on my way into the office. (Just a warning no ticket. Maybe he liked my car.) ;-)

60 miles exactly past the ---

I pumped 16.770 into the tank, so I think I was really dry! Well duh... I literally ran out. I haven't done that in years. I feel like a teenager. I highly recommend when the light comes on or it says --- you pull in and fill up.

With that said it does feel good to know the limits and range on the car. I think the gauge is pretty accurate.
Our Champion! ^ ^ :o

Do you happen to remember the reported avg mileage?

I suspect the car still has between 3 and 4 gallons in reserve when the light comes on. Depending on the mileage you are getting on that tank, those 3-4 gallons might be 60 miles, a little more, or not enough :D

Thanks for reporting! It also seems the whole tank capacity (16.6 gals) is usable.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
naviguy

AlexRuiz wrote:
AlphaLima wrote:Ok... I lose!

I was 500 feet past a gas pump and sputtered to a stop this morning. Thank you to the good Samaritans who helped shoved me into the station. I wasn't trying honestly, but got pulled over by the highway patrol 10 minutes before and got distracted on my way into the office. (Just a warning no ticket. Maybe he liked my car.) ;-)

60 miles exactly past the ---

I pumped 16.770 into the tank, so I think I was really dry! Well duh... I literally ran out. I haven't done that in years. I feel like a teenager. I highly recommend when the light comes on or it says --- you pull in and fill up.

With that said it does feel good to know the limits and range on the car. I think the gauge is pretty accurate.
Our Champion! ^ ^ :o

Do you happen to remember the reported avg mileage?

I suspect the car still has between 3 and 4 gallons in reserve when the light comes on. Depending on the mileage you are getting on that tank, those 3-4 gallons might be 60 miles, a little more, or not enough :D

Thanks for reporting! It also seems the whole tank capacity (16.6 gals) is usable.
What is your average MPG typically... Mine is always 18-19Mpg, so I am thinking mine is probably lower than 60miles...
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Red - CVT
Rockford System with Kenwood Navi
Rear 'Suzuki' and 'Kizashi' Badges Removed
AlexRuiz

naviguy wrote: What is your average MPG typically... Mine is always 18-19Mpg, so I am thinking mine is probably lower than 60miles...
According to the cluster display, my lowest tank reported has been 27.2, my highest has been 32.2 mpg (average reported right now stands at 30.3 mpg). Doing the calculation manually, my lowest tank was 25.11 mpg, and my highest was 30.24 mpg ("real" mpg of 27.11)

These are ALL combined driving figures, NONE of them pure highway or pure city. I suspect that at 27 mpg, I could still go 75-100 miles.

I will attach my spreadsheet for the forums to see.

Alex

Edit: At last fill up, I had 11,171 miles on the car, and I had used 412.07 gallons of fuel.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
Triggerhappy

Last road trip, I went 493.6 miles using 15.8 gals, so 31.2 mpg. The display says average 34.0 mpg. The low fuel light came on at about 430 miles, so I drove about 64 miles.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
studbike

Bumping an old thread here. Today my kizashi took 16.879 gallons on the first click. I usually drive about a hundred miles past the fuel light turning on (highway) and the car usually takes about 15 to 15.5 at that point. I am considering notifying that anonymous agency that measures pump accuracy. What do y'all think? Gauge was all the way to the left, I was 110 highway miles past the warning light.
KuroNekko

studbike wrote:Bumping an old thread here. Today my kizashi took 16.879 gallons on the first click. I usually drive about a hundred miles past the fuel light turning on (highway) and the car usually takes about 15 to 15.5 at that point. I am considering notifying that anonymous agency that measures pump accuracy. What do y'all think? Gauge was all the way to the left, I was 110 highway miles past the warning light.
Yup, that was a faulty pump. The Kizashi's fuel tank capacity is 63 liters which is 16.6 gallons. So it makes no sense that you put in more gas than the capacity while still having enough in there to drive to the gas station.
I've noticed some inaccurate pumps too, one recently at a Shell station. A while ago, I fueled up at Costco and could tell the pump was way off. I have since stopped getting gas there given it's really not worth the lines either.

While I usually like to get gas when the tank is near empty too (typically after the low fuel light comes on), you have to be careful about the practice. Constantly pushing the vehicle for maximum range will compromise your fuel pump. This is because the fuel pump is lubricated and cooled by the gasoline in your tank. When you often drive on very low gas, the fuel pump may not have an adequate amount of gas to lube and cool it at all times. This issue was well noted in some VW models with failed fuel pumps, but can apply to any car.
I've also noticed that when you're really stretching it, the fuel delivery can get a bit shoddy when going in corners and the engine's power can sputter briefly. Again, not a good thing.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)