Sluggish Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KizashiSLS11

A week and a half ago my Kizashi started driving sluggish. I thought it was possibly bad fuel (I use Shell and Chevron only). I refueled but that didn't solve the issue. So I had the oil changed at about 1800 miles...still no change.

Take off is fine, but when the RPMs hit 3000 normally the car gains speed rapidly as it pulls towards 4000 RPMs where max torque is. Now it doesn't seem to want to rev as easily and when I do get above 3K rpms the performance is lacking and the transmission/engine feels lazy.

My gas milage has suffered too. I've been getting 19 (city) and took a 100 mile road trip and barely got 23 mpg. I refueled yesterday and the fuel economy seems to be recovering 21-22 mpg but the engine performance is not.

I have had no engine codes show up so I'm clueless.
Moto
Site Admin

A few people have noted transmission problems lately... Not sure what would cause what you described.
KizashiSLS11

I have an appointment scheduled for Monday. I'm at a lost for what's causing the issue. I thought about disconnecting the battery to clear the ECU to see if that would help, but decided I rather keep any data that might help the technician diagnose the problem.

I'm getting 21 mpg right now which is not acceptable to me in a 4 cyl. My 2007 Merecedes C230 which I traded in on my Kizashi got 20 mpg. I'm holding off buyers remorse until they take a look at it on Monday.
Blackbelt

Something doesn't sound right. I have no problem getting high 20's out of my Kizzy, and right now my avg display is reading 31.2 so far for this tank.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
PlatinumGTS

I am interested in this as well. I realize that I have less than 1000 miles on mine but the gas mileage isn't what I expected either. I have been only averaging about 22 mpg.

I had hoped to get about the same mileage as my 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe that I traded. :?
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
~tc~

My mileage seems to be increasing quite a bit as it breaks in.

Also, be sure to reset all the trip computer displays. Mine must have spent FOREVER idling because even some 300 miles at highway speeds didn't bring up the average speed and the fuel mileage was way off what I calculated at fillup. After resetting it, everything seems to match up better.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Hawkzilla

I'm at 10,000 miles on mine and here is my averages...

Hwy driving: 31 mpg
Mix: 23 mpg
City only: 19 mpg

I will say that I tend to drive aggressive in the city and that quickly pushes the mpg down. If you drive right, you can easily gain 2-3 mpg in the city. In the end, the Kizashi only gets slightly better fuel economy than my previous V6, but it's a MUCH nicer and enjoyable ride.
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
KizashiSLS11

Well they reflashed the transmission and said no codes came up on the engine diagnostic. So I'm not sure what to do from here. I've tried all types of Gas and it still drives the same. Also my fuel milage hasn't gone above 19.
Northernstar

Hawkzilla wrote:I'm at 10,000 miles on mine and here is my averages...

Hwy driving: 31 mpg
Mix: 23 mpg
City only: 19 mpg

I will say that I tend to drive aggressive in the city and that quickly pushes the mpg down. If you drive right, you can easily gain 2-3 mpg in the city. In the end, the Kizashi only gets slightly better fuel economy than my previous V6, but it's a MUCH nicer and enjoyable ride.
Suzuki Canada claims that Kizashi CVT does 32 MPG in city......I wonder how they arrive at this number....... = =
Right now I am prob at 19 in the city......almost only half of what Suzuki claims @@
AFREaKA.Man

You're not alone with those numbers. Actually, after reading Hawkzilla's post, I'd have to say that those numbers are spot on with what I'm getting too, although I almost always drive mine in manualmatic mode and let my Kizashi's engine rev through its power band--it's quite satisfying to feel and hear the car open up, so I'm fine with sacrificing a bit of fuel economy to put a smile on my face.
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley