Looking for info about Navi for Kazashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
volunteer

This is from the Suzuki Japan website. My SLS w/ Nav. is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. If so, I'll post pics.
Attachments
img15.jpg
lookin

volunteer wrote:This is from the Suzuki Japan website. My SLS w/ Nav. is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. If so, I'll post pics.
ok great but don't it look kinda plain like an aftermarket setup ....yes i would love to see yours when you get it. where are you from?

what also bothers me is in my sls theres 2 buttons on each side i think one is volume and one is multifunction what happen to those knobs and all the other buttons ..to me it makes it look very aftermarket where the radio is replaced with a screen and a faceplate

I know you must be a happy and excited owner right now but don't forget to post your navigation pics im just as excited as you to see it lol....
volunteer

Finally getting around to posting this pic. Apparently the nav. is installed at the port here in the US. In effect, it is aftermarket. Certainly not as clean looking as the stock radio, but the system does work well and integrates nicely......in terms of functionality.
Attachments
photo.jpg
Moto
Site Admin

Thanks for the post a lot of people have been wondering what t would look like.
volunteer

I didn't take a pic of it, but the nav. is Garmin.
rjc1976

Thanks for posting the picture Volunteer. I have a couple questions:
1. What is the story with the antenna for the navigation system? Do you need to use a magnetic antenna that gets mounted on the trunk like on a normal aftermarket system?

2. I assume the steering wheel controls work for the radio. Are there any functions lost by getting the Kenwood system?

3. Can you still use the USB port?

4. Were you able to compare the sounds quality at all vs the Rockford Fosgate system that normally comes in the car?
lookin

rjc1976 wrote:Thanks for posting the picture Volunteer. I have a couple questions:
1. What is the story with the antenna for the navigation system? Do you need to use a magnetic antenna that gets mounted on the trunk like on a normal aftermarket system?

2. I assume the steering wheel controls work for the radio. Are there any functions lost by getting the Kenwood system?

4. Were you able to compare the sounds quality at all vs the Rockford Fosgate system that normally comes in the car?
may i add more questions volunteer ..how is the ipod integration are you able to see the playlists my system now im unable to go to playlists on ipod...can you still stream music via bluetooth ...does the handsfree phone still work....thank you for posting your pic im a little disappointed didnt think they would have it looking so aftermarket leaving the dash so plain but it is what it is
lookin

volunteer wrote:I didn't take a pic of it, but the nav. is Garmin.
another question if i may can you tell which kenwood unit is it it may be on top or lower right corner of nav unit it should say dnx followed by some numbers ....why do i ask because i was going to install a nav unit on my own and was waiting to see if dealer unit was gonna have a more factory look. but the lastest kenwood looks a little different than what you have ..but i did see similiar units so i would like to know which one they used....and weigh my options whether i want to install myself or not i guess the major difference would be if dealer installs i would have a warranty from them...but being that i like toys i would like the lastest..haha
volunteer

rjc1976 wrote:Thanks for posting the picture Volunteer. I have a couple questions:

RJC and Lookin......I'll try to answer everything at once.....try.
1.There is no magnetic antenna for the nav. on the trunk or anywhere else. Honestly, I hadn't thought about it because it isn't visible. Not a clue where it is!

2.The steering wheel controls do still work, but the phone buttons on the wheel go away with the Kenwood system, not sure why. Phone integration is perfect (iPhone), but to answer you have to tap the screen on the Kenwood. Really not a big deal, although I thought it was at first.

3. USB......kind of a big deal, or so I thought. It is GONE with the Nav. system. The iPod (again, iPhone in my case) switches to a glove box located cable. The cable is long enough though that you can close the glove box door on it and set the phone/ipod in the center console. Again, not a big deal after you use it. Certainly not as clean as the USB connection though. As far as iPod functionality, very nice. Pretty much all iPod functionality is available on the Kenwood screen, including album cover art. Playlists, list by artist, song title, album title, etc... There are also various options for how you want it displayed....one song at a time, a list of songs being played, etc... Again, the cable thing kind of sucked when I first realized it, but after using it, it's not a big deal. In my case, while playing music on the iPhone, everything still works perfectly when a call comes in.

4. Sound quality.....no difference. The only thing that changed is the head unit, everything else is R-F. I think the Kenwood system actually allows for more adjustability thant he stock unit. No complaints there.
lookin

volunteer wrote:

RJC and Lookin......I'll try to answer everything at once.....try.
1.There is no magnetic antenna for the nav. on the trunk or anywhere else. Honestly, I hadn't thought about it because it isn't visible. Not a clue where it is!

2.The steering wheel controls do still work, but the phone buttons on the wheel go away with the Kenwood system, not sure why. Phone integration is perfect (iPhone), but to answer you have to tap the screen on the Kenwood. Really not a big deal, although I thought it was at first.

3. USB......kind of a big deal, or so I thought. It is GONE with the Nav. system. The iPod (again, iPhone in my case) switches to a glove box located cable. The cable is long enough though that you can close the glove box door on it and set the phone/ipod in the center console. Again, not a big deal after you use it. Certainly not as clean as the USB connection though. As far as iPod functionality, very nice. Pretty much all iPod functionality is available on the Kenwood screen, including album cover art. Playlists, list by artist, song title, album title, etc... There are also various options for how you want it displayed....one song at a time, a list of songs being played, etc... Again, the cable thing kind of sucked when I first realized it, but after using it, it's not a big deal. In my case, while playing music on the iPhone, everything still works perfectly when a call comes in.

4. Sound quality.....no difference. The only thing that changed is the head unit, everything else is R-F. I think the Kenwood system actually allows for more adjustability thant he stock unit. No complaints there.
thank you volunteer i guess you couldnt find the dnx number...but very informative ..somehow im kinda disappointed with suzuki i think this thing was a rush job whats the point of having the phone buttons and they dont work the whole point was for safety and losing usb its like going backwards. does the iphone even charge when in use..love my kizashi but the navigation system in my opinion is a step back from the beauty of the interior.. thumbs down for suzuki tech...they not competing with the luxury they trying to push..i hope nex generation kizashi they do better..