Suzuki Kizashi Tops 2011 J.D. Powers APEAL Study...AGAIN!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
vwoom

Kizashi awarded top spot among 2011 midsize cars in J.D. Power and Associates' annual APEAL Study(SM)

BREA, Calif., July 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Since its North American debut, the Suzuki Kizashi midsize sports sedan has earned significant praise from automotive media and consumers alike. With the release of J.D. Power and Associates' 2011 Automotive Performance Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study, that praise has been validated once again with the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi registering the highest total overall score among all new purchased or leased midsize cars sold in the United States. The Kizashi outperformed 19 other midsize competitors to earn the top award in the category, including earning the top spot in more than half of the individual category ratings. The median buyer profile also averaged 10 years younger and with higher income than the midsize segment average. This recognition follows other consumer satisfaction awards including the announcement earlier this summer that the Kizashi topped AutoPacific's annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA) for the second consecutive year.

"This is another great accomplishment for Suzuki, the combination of the J.D. Power and Associates' APEAL Award and the recent AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Award affirms that Suzuki is bringing passion back into the midsize sedan category," said Steve Younan, director of product planning and marketing, American Suzuki. "We are proud of the Kizashi and this recognition from our owners is a strong testament to the hard work that our engineers, designers, and planners have put into this exciting vehicle."
With sales up more than 55% this year, the Kizashi is Suzuki's most significant entry to date in the competitive midsize sedan segment. With its Autobahn-tuned suspension, unexpected level of standard content and a sub-$20,000 window sticker, Suzuki's sport sedan is resonating with an audience looking for entry-level luxury without the near-luxury price point. Propelled by a four cylinder, 2.4-liter engine producing 185 horsepower, the Kizashi offers rare options in its class such as a traction enhancing All-Wheel Drive system as well as a highly-equipped 6-speed manual transmission model. The Kizashi builds on the global success enjoyed by the company that produces the world-renowned Swift, SX4 Crossover, Grand Vitara compact SUV, as well as a celebrated lineup of motorcycles, ATVs and marine engines.
Each year, J.D. Power and Associates surveys tens of thousands of new-vehicle buyers, asking them about their purchase experience, their new vehicle's quality, their service experience at the dealer, and what they like and dislike about their new vehicle. The J.D. Power and Associates' APEAL Study examines how satisfying a new vehicle is to own and drive based on owner evaluations of more than 80 vehicle attributes. The 2011 APEAL Study is based on responses gathered between February and May 2011 from more than 73,000 purchasers and lessees of new 2011 model-year cars and trucks who were surveyed after the first 90 days of ownership. Additional information and the complete results from this year's APEAL Study can be found online at http://www.jdpower.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 48668.html
---
No surprise here that the Kizashi won again...the awards keep stacking up! :D

I keep telling myself that, if there ever was a Japanese engineered "German car", the Kizashi would be it. :mrgreen:
WESHOOT2

Exactly; the dealership I'm at sells BMW, Honda (which I sell), Land Rover, Mercedes, and Porsche (and adding Mini-Cooper before year's end), and the folks who have BMWs know better than to dis my 'Hibachi'.
They know it's that good.

Mine's over 20K and still perfect (except I noticed a rust pit on the hood today, no doubt from meeting a rock at 100+....).
AlexRuiz

If the Kizashi got tops in the APPEAL study, I just cannot imagine the miserable showing by the other Suzukis, as Suzuki placed bottom overall :o Having the Kizashi top the study doesn't surprise me, what surprised me is that SX4 and grand vitara are not bad cars, and I suspect they surely were creamed.

Good showing by the Kizashi, again. I know that absolutely every single person that has taken a ride with me has been oozed by the car.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
chazyouwin

Are the general brand name questions completely different from the specific model set of questions? I think I may have participated in this survey. One can rate perception of Suzuki differently from each car. If I recall correctly, I gave Suzuki the company generally high marks, but there may have been one question about brand perception where I did not.
In sum, I do not think the general Suzuki result is a mere blend of ratings for the individual cars.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
WESHOOT2

Don't care; my proof is in my Kizashi, ay?