Air Intake silencer removal.

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Wonson92

Has anybody removed the silencer from the air intake? I've been told it would increase power or if nothing else improve the stock intakes note. I'm looking at the one directly down infront of the air box (presuming that's a silencer?). I've found a replacement PVC bend pipe that could replace the stock pipe so no hot air would be pulled in from the open hole but still unsure?
Thoughts?
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
DelliReeus

Hey I've been looking into this too, but I didn't really see any silencer, maybe that I didn't take it all off lol, I just looked at the filter area, but if you can take some pictures let me see, & let me know if you do take it off, because I don't wanna risk just taking it off if there's no silencer
2010 AWD/FWD Kizashi S Black Pearl Metallic
BxKizashiS

Never heard of an intake havin a silencer, thought that was only for mufflers, but I see what ya saying. U can take those things out & cap it. That's what I'm about to do
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
DelliReeus

Yeah alot of cars have an intake silencer, but lemme know if there is one I'll take mine out too
Danbob

There is one and it is huge. Bigger than any of the other ones I have ever taken out of a car. I have not even taken out the whole thing yet. I found it while installing my intake a few weeks ago. Basically it is a plastic thing with some tubing that snakes around the front by the headlight and battery to the side by the headlight and battery. I will take a picture of it within the next couple of weeks so you guys can see it. the main piece kind of looks like a black milk jug. Restricts airflow. They are known as "baffle boxes" on most vehicles. They are pointless except to filter sound and restrict airflow.
DelliReeus

Okay sounds good, that will be my project for the weekend, I'll take some pics & step by steps too then, thanks for letting me know, I didn't want to just take out the filter & not see anything there lol.
NiteRider

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. This won't void the warranty will it?
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Moto
Site Admin

Not likely. But there isn't much point to doing it. On turbo cars it makes the turbo significantly louder, but i'm not sure if it would sound cool on the kizashi. If someone figures out please post video of sound both inside and outside the car.
chew71

I just finished removing what could only be the baffles from my 2012 Kizzy.They are really easy to remove.They are located between the air cleaner box and MAF sensor.First,I loosened the two clamps holding the "boxes" in place.Than I unsnapped the two clips holding the air cleaner lid down,pivoted it up and pulled the "boxes" off.Than I found two plastic lids from some soda bottles that would fit snuggly in the holes and used the factory clamps to hold them in place.I took a test drive afterwords and could tell a slight difference in sound especially at low speed and idle.I'll post some pics later.
chew71

Here are the pics
Attachments
IMG_20120626_200758.jpg
IMG_20120626_200747.jpg
this is what your after.
this is what your after.