Horn

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
JakeRam

I think the horn on the Kizzy is the pits. It makes you giggle more than want to move out of the way. Has anybody tried replacing it? Would that void the warranty? Just for the record, where is it located? I took a look and didn't see it...although I'm not the best "looker for thingser" ever according to my wife...
OzzieKizzy

you must have been having a "blokes look" JakeRam.....
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
JakeRam

I can't say I've heard that expression before, but I think I get the point...I'll look harder :-)
Anyway, after watching several videos on YouTube, if it came down to installing something, it would be the FIAMM El Grandes or the Hella Supertones. I'd go with the Supertones if they could be mounted behind the lower grill because that would look pretty cool I think.
Ronzuki

Weenie horns.....it's a Suzuki Thing........
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
ragmopp01

Weenie horns.....it's a Suzuki Thing........

Quite possibly a Japanese thing. If I recall all of my Japanese vehicles have had horns that sound like they are saying: excuse me; instead of American ones that say: GET OUT OF MY WAY.
naviguy

At the shop I used to install stuff at here in Los Angeles... we used to sell the actual Big Rig truck air horns, like these featured here for $400

http://www.stylintrucks.com/st/?N=0&Ntt ... gwodbCP53A

We had a guy with a Porsche I installed one on... who actually scared the sh#$ out of some guy in front of him going slow, and he actually ran off the road, so BE CAREFUL what you wish for... haha...
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Red - CVT
Rockford System with Kenwood Navi
Rear 'Suzuki' and 'Kizashi' Badges Removed
AlexRuiz

ragmopp01 wrote:Weenie horns.....it's a Suzuki Thing........

Quite possibly a Japanese thing. If I recall all of my Japanese vehicles have had horns that sound like they are saying: excuse me; instead of American ones that say: GET OUT OF MY WAY.
Even the newer american cars have the wimpy horns :(
Let me check the service manual to make sure a relay feeds the horn :)

Alex

Edit: Yes, these are fed by a relay, and the fuse upstream is 15A, so you are good to go. Plug and play. I think I will also get the FIAAMs "el grande" ;)
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
TheHolyGhost

It could quite possibly be a cultural thing. In many other countries the horn is used more like a "hey I'm here" thing than in the US where is generally is a "Get out of my way" thing. German cars have weak horns, too.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
tigerbangs54

I have been critical of the "polite" horn, myself. What I'd really like are a couple of 133 dB truck-style air horns that would manage to blast the left-lane bandits out of the way! LMAO! Of course, I have no idea how I'd fit them under the hood of the Kizashi...

I once owned a 1956 Packard Patrician, a wonderful old car that had twin trumpet horns under the hood that would make your presence known for blocks. I long for those horns!
PlatinumGTS

I saw this before and thought it was interesting.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/21/do-i ... ve-in-the/
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD