How do you take off the interior door trim?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Wonson92

Hey guys, does anyone know how to remove the interior trim on the front doors? Looks like you pry it off but I don't want to try without knowing incase I damage it.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

From memory......

Where the interior door release handle is you need to pop out the triangle shaped piece behind the handle. There's a screw behind there. Then in the middle of the trim (below the main armrest ) there's a piece of plastic covering some screws. Pop that out and remove the screws. Then you need strong fingers to lift up the edge of the door trim to gradually pop out all the clips. Some might come away from the trim and stay in the door metal.... they're a pain to get out if that happens.

Once the trim is unclipped from the door frame you'll need to unplug any wiring harnesses from the rear of the door trim.
David
Wonson92

Excellent thank you! Follow up question, is it hard to clip back on? I'm paranoid I'll break a clip
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

The biggest issue is clips staying in the door frame and pulling out of the door trim- they're very hard to remove unless you make some sort of levering tool. It is a bit fiddly to get the trim to slot back on, you need to get the top section seated first.
David