Interior/Exterior Chrome Cosmetics

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Rpat

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if what I am posting has already been done but I thought I would show everyone what I did when I went a little crazy with 3M backed chrome strips.

On some of the pics I added strips next to the fog lights to accent them, still not so sure about whether or not I like this look but it can be easily taken off.

The rest of the pics are from the interior, I wanted to add a little more depth to it so I used 1/8 " chrome molding on different accent points. I happen to think the chrome moldings look pretty good but I may have overdone it.

It should be noted I'm not very handy when it comes to this sort of thing.

If anyone is interested I would be happy to post the tools, procedures, cost etc.

Comments, criticisms would be welcome.

All the best,

Bob
Front view used 1/4" 3M backed chrome strips.
Front view used 1/4" 3M backed chrome strips.
Attachments
Rear Passenger side (After)
Rear Passenger side (After)
Rear Passenger side (Before)
Rear Passenger side (Before)
Front Passenger side (After)
Front Passenger side (After)
Front Passenger side (Before)
Front Passenger side (Before)
Another front view. I also wrapped the indicator lights with 1/4" chrome molding to try and keep some continuity.
Another front view. I also wrapped the indicator lights with 1/4" chrome molding to try and keep some continuity.
RjKizashi

I like the foglight treatment ............
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

havosyk

I like the chrome on the foglights.. 8-) ..I'd like to do that on mine. What did you use/where did you get the chrome strips?
Kizashi Sport SLS 2011 Black Pearl
Kizashi Sunroof Deflector
Rpat

Hi,

I don't want to recommend any particular product in case it doesn't work for you, there are several for you to choose from, but you want to look for 1/4" 3M backed interior/exterior chrome molding. It usually comes in a 20' roll for about 15 bucks and any auto parts store should carry it, auto zone, PEP boys etc, you could probably find it in Target or Wallmart.

Make sure to thoroughly clean any surface prior to applying and have a sharp pair of scissors or exacto knife on hand to make the cuts.
havosyk

Thanks Rpat for the idea and info....now I have my weekend project!
Rpat

Make sure to send in a pic. :P
havosyk

Finished putting the chrome molding on the foglights. Took about 3 hours (all of it cutting the moldings). Used 1/2" chrome molding.

Thanks again Rpat!

Now to try to figure out what to do about that big S in front....
Attachments
Before
Before
After
After
DSC00066a.jpg
DSC00067a.jpg
Rpat

Looks great, I like the 1/2" molding and especially the cut outs on the middle 2 inside vents, never occurred to me to do that. :idea:
newworld2004

@Rpat/havosyk,
can same thing be done to Kizashi 2010 as well I meant specially around fog lights?

thx
2010 Dark Blue SLS FWD CVT
1998 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package
1994 Soft-Top Samurai Sold
1993 Isuzu Trooper 2DR Sold
Rpat

As long as the fog light housing wasn't any different from 2010-2011, absolutely it would.