Impressive snow performance from my Kiz GTS AWD.

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
~tc~

SamirD wrote:
puckaveli wrote:I always get Nokian Hakkapalita snows, they are the best snow tire I've ever used hands down. They are certainly more expensive but absolutely worth it.
I seriously considered getting these as they were carried by a local shop even though they're a Canadian tire.
Nokian are made in Finland
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SamirD

~tc~ wrote:
SamirD wrote:
puckaveli wrote:I always get Nokian Hakkapalita snows, they are the best snow tire I've ever used hands down. They are certainly more expensive but absolutely worth it.
I seriously considered getting these as they were carried by a local shop even though they're a Canadian tire.
Nokian are made in Finland
Oops! I should've remembered that. I'm getting old. :(
bootymac

SamirD wrote:I seriously considered getting these as they were carried by a local shop even though they're a Canadian tire. But the Altimaxs were the cheapest and still had very high, if not the highest ratings I found. I think they are actually a re-badged version of a Canadian tire as well.
The Altimaxes are copies of the Gislave Nordfrost 3. Great tires!

A few other tires share the same the same or similar tread pattern too:
- Nokian Hakka 5
- Nokian RSi
- Wanli Challenger
- Hankook W409 I'Pike
- Pirelli Wintercarving
SamirD

bootymac wrote:The Altimaxes are copies of the Gislave Nordfrost 3. Great tires!

A few other tires share the same the same or similar tread pattern too:
- Nokian Hakka 5
- Nokian RSi
- Wanli Challenger
- Hankook W409 I'Pike
- Pirelli Wintercarving
Sweet! You have more side-by-sides with all these? That would be awesome to see!
gandalf

Yup. #1 only we always stud ours. Got 5 winters out of my last set, 2 on the Subaru, 3 on the Suzuki. Gonna leave them on now and just burn off the rest of the tread as long as I can take the racket.
JD