auto door locks

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
KuroNekko

I remember watching a video review on the Kizashi and one of the complaints brought up was this exact issue of the car's doors not automatically locking when driven and also not automatically unlocking when the locked door handle was pulled. This is a feature found on other cars like a VW Jetta.
The video reviewer claimed that Suzuki's response was that this non-automatic unlocking door was actually safer (like imagine someone opening a locked door via just the handle when they did not intend to). Now, I am not sure if cars with auto-locking/auto-unlocking doors prevent unlocking and opening with just a handle pull unless the car is stopped.
I have not come across anything that suggests an auto-locking feature could be enabled in the Kizashi and Scandavader's post seems to indicate aftermarket components can allow for this.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
MrNWA

another thing that pisses me off with the door locks is if the vehicle is running and only the drivers door is unlocked if you push the button on the passengers handle or even the key fob you cannot unlock the door you have to go back around to the drivers door open it press the unlock switch inside.

or if you go out on a cold Canadian winter morning and start your car to warm it up it has to remain unlocked your cant lock the door from the fob or handle button only way is push lock button inside the car and use the key inside the fob to unlock when ready to leave.

*only 2 things i hate about the Kizashi door lock system and bluetooth system other than that love the car itself* :drive:
MrNWA

KP Technologies may have a module that may work as it is universal it would also be nice if i could get the windows and sunroof to open and close with my key fob too
must buy both modules for the auto locks or you may be locked out of your kizashi

:arrow: http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/10

see here!! hmm i like the mirror tilt feature too!!
MrNWA

:arrow: http://www.flashlogic.com/product/product/product_id/51

module to add remote start or alarm
paininthenuts

jimmerz wrote:
uforaverwill wrote:
jimmerz wrote:My doors do not auto lock either...a feature I have grown used to. I hope this is something that just needs to be activated. Maybe I should read my manual? lol

Also, with the push button start, can you turn the car off but leave the power on?

Thanks

Yea. Do not put your foot on the brake and hit the start button twice.
Thanks uforaverwill!- Now how about auto door locks?

Can you stop the engine when the car is running but leave the ACC/power on without the car shutting off first?

I guess what I am getting at is there are times I really do not need to leave the car running, but I have a portable DVD player for my daughter connected to a 12v outlet. If you shut the car off you lose power which makes an unhappy little girl. (all this was for the people who might have asked why to my original question).

Thanks.
The thought of letting a child into my new car makes me shudder. My suggestion is not to worry about the dvd. Tie her up, put a straight jacket on her, make sure her shoes are clean, and ban her from eating sweets in the car. Hope this helps
SamirD

paininthenuts wrote:The thought of letting a child into my new car makes me shudder. My suggestion is not to worry about the dvd. Tie her up, put a straight jacket on her, make sure her shoes are clean, and ban her from eating sweets in the car. Hope this helps
Me too! Kids climb all over the seats, make a mess, and don't think twice about how much damage they cause to the car.

Oh wait, I used to do all that too. :lol: Circle of life! :mrgreen:
paininthenuts

SamirD wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:The thought of letting a child into my new car makes me shudder. My suggestion is not to worry about the dvd. Tie her up, put a straight jacket on her, make sure her shoes are clean, and ban her from eating sweets in the car. Hope this helps
Me too! Kids climb all over the seats, make a mess, and don't think twice about how much damage they cause to the car.

I wasn't born until I was nearly 18 years old. Fortunately I have never been a child, and am very happy that is the case.
SamirD

paininthenuts wrote:
SamirD wrote:

I wasn't born until I was nearly 18 years old. Fortunately I have never been a child, and am very happy that is the case.
You better be sending lots of love to your mom on Mother's Day. I bet that hurt like crazy. :lol: