kizashi vs nissan altima 2.5 cvt

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
gaww

CCS77 wrote:Altima owns the zuke =( not all that suprising unfortunately. I really wish the CVT could be reflashed to fix the lag from 0-15MPH at least. Allot of the time when I have the tach stuck at 5000RPM it feels like I am going NOWHERE. I almost get better acceleration when I keep it at 4000RPM whcih takes constant foot pedal adj and looking at the tach.

Yous should try both was 0-60. I would be surprised if 4000 is better (plus yoy have to back off to keep it there (you might do better with manual shifts with the pedal.

However, the max horsepower point is at 5000 rpm plus, and the best acceleration is suppose to be at that point, which is where the CVT holds it after FINALLY getting to that point.

I am not interested in drag racing either, but when making a right turn on red or making a right turn at a stop sign, I have to remember to allow more then normal room in front of the closest oncoming vehicle, as more then a few times I have sweated out watching through the mirror as a vehicle keeps closing the distance as I have the pedal floored trying to get up to speed,

Note - I had a different model Nissan that had a CVT that did not have a lag. Unfortunately, Suzuki chose to use what I am guessing is a cheaper CVT from the same manufacturer that does.
CCS77

giankigreco wrote:So I didn't understand why everyone makes fun of the acceleration of the Kizzy because top speed got me to 130 and it's crazy smooth. In the race you should of use tiptronic and kind of double clutching with the gas pedal. Seems stupid but try it. It works I'll go do a video for ya.

I thought the Kizashi was governed at 110?
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
AlphaLima

CCS77 wrote:I thought the Kizashi was governed at 110?
Is it? I've had mine up to 110 several times, haven't pushed it past because more than that just seems stupid even in little to no traffic on real roads, but didn't notice it starting to limit.

All I can say is from 75-110 the Kiz gets there quick and doesn't feel like you're going more than 60.
Senegal

according to http://www.jatco.co.jp/ENGLISH/PRODUCTS/index.html, Altima does not use Jatco's CVT. Nissan Rouge (Dualis as it is called in Japan) does use the exact one that Kizashi has and if you've ever driven a Rouge, you'll know that it doesn't have a lag whatsoever.
lookin

~tc~ wrote:My 2011 doesn't have any lag. If anything, it's a little too touchy off the line.

If you wanted to win drag races, you should have bought a camaro or mustang
im with you on this i dont know what the big deal is i have no problem with this so called lag at all
CCS77

Senegal wrote:according to http://www.jatco.co.jp/ENGLISH/PRODUCTS/index.html, Altima does not use Jatco's CVT. Nissan Rouge (Dualis as it is called in Japan) does use the exact one that Kizashi has and if you've ever driven a Rouge, you'll know that it doesn't have a lag whatsoever.

This makes me believe the CVT can be re flashed and fixed.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
gaww

CCS77 wrote:
Senegal wrote:according to http://www.jatco.co.jp/ENGLISH/PRODUCTS/index.html, Altima does not use Jatco's CVT. Nissan Rouge (Dualis as it is called in Japan) does use the exact one that Kizashi has and if you've ever driven a Rouge, you'll know that it doesn't have a lag whatsoever.

This makes me believe the CVT can be re flashed and fixed.
I had a Nissan Murano, which had one of Jatco's larger CVTs in it and had no lag either.

Their "Belt CVT with an auxiliary gearbox for mini and small FWD vehicles" is maybe not robust enough for the Kizashi. It is on the NISSAN ROOX and SUZUKI PALETTE.

But from the Kizashi specs, it still looks like it is a lowest effective gear ratio issue. I would leap at a flash fix if it were available however.
Senegal

i do agree with the lag overall...it's been a problem for Kizashi since the start. I mainly notice it in the 'auto' mode and in the first 20mph. I've driven the car a lot more in manual mode recently and have averaged better mpg, not to mention it's a lot more fun.

'10 Kizashi SLS AWD (Oct 2009 production date)
19k miles
~tc~

While it could just be different people's opinions, there seems to be a significant disparity between early production cars and later.

Have any of you called the dealer to see if a TSB has been issued to reflash the CVT?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
TObject

~tc~ wrote: Have any of you called the dealer to see if a TSB has been issued to reflash the CVT?
There is a recall on mine, but I haven’t been to the dealer to do it. Other folks who’ve done the recall reported no noticeable differences.