Kizashi gaz Mileage(only AWD please) with a Full gaz tank

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
NiteRider

We live close enough, we should switch and see if we get the same results. :)
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
PittsburghJoe

Blackbelt wrote:
NiteRider wrote:I've tried many times to drive gently and reach 400 miles but I can never get it there. You guys must have no hills around you.
I live north of Pittsburgh. Plenty of hills here, including my driveway. One key to maximizing mileage with hills is to NOT try to maintain full speed all the way up the hill. Eases off the gas slightly, let the speed drop some. Example: If you are driving 50 iun a 45 zone(normal for most people) and encounter a hill, let your speed drop down to 40 by the time you crest that hill. Trust me, it can make a pretty big difference in your overall economy.
If i try, i can get my mileage into the mid 30's on my morning commute, which is about 70% highway. However, to do that i have to stay in the right lane and drive at or near the posted speed limit(65 dropping to 55), and drop MPH on the hills.
Hi Blackbelt,

Are you the red SLS or the silver GTS? Just a guess but I also live north of Pittsburgh (Gibsonia/Richland) and only ever see two other Kizzys. Anyway I'm impressed with that mileage though I drive for fun not mileage so that could be the explanation. I love my Kizashi and have friends with much more expensive (infinity/audi) cars who are really impressed with our cars.

Pittsburgh Joe!
Blackbelt

NiteRider; Anytime you are in the Pittsburgh area i would be happy to see if i could help.
Joe, i actually have a platinum "S" AWD. I drive north on 8 weekdays on my commute home from work. I drive up Hardies and go left on 8 north. I used to live in West Deer, then in Hampton before moving to Saxonburg, so i know the area pretty well.
My morning commute is two lane country for 15 minutes, then 28 south into the north shore area. You know how screwed up 28 can be. My evening commute is 279 to mcknight, back roads to rt 8. Mileage inbound is much better than mileage back home. Still can average around 30 if i try, but lately i too have been having some fun so i am closer to 27-28. I have a smart so that is what i usually drive when i am driving for maximum economy.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
ipaqxman

Can u guys also share your average speed on your dash display, so I can correlate exactly how much highway you're driving. Thanks
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
WESHOOT2

I 'commute' a minimum of 75 miles for work each day (I sell new Hondas). About 25, one way, is 'highway'.
I average, based on driving style, between 24 and 32 MPG.
I go just past 400 miles on an 'average' tank, and add 13--14 gallons. A 'normal' tank average is just over 28 MPG.

When driving, I either am mini-hyper-miling, or I'm driving like a movie car-chase. Know what I mean?
joshuac2651

New Kizzy owner here. And a very happy one. 2012 AWD SLS - Black Pearl I purchase mine 3 weeks ago and I've beat it up a little bit on my daily commute (44 miles each way). I've averaged 22-23 from keeping track myself. (It's used so the avg was still on the dash from the previous owner). I usually do about 75 - 80 mph and got up to 110 a few times :drive: . My commute is highway until I hit beaver where I climb hills for about 20 min. Overall I'm a happy camper. I'm getting the same gas milage I was getting in my taurus, but I'm having more fun doing it.

Just unhooked the battery last nite so it's time to see what I can get driving more efficiently. Glad to be a Kizashi owner. Chose it over the cruze LTZ.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD Black Pearl
2000 Ford Taurus 24V DOHC
~tc~

You realize you can just reset the dash display, right?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
joshuac2651

I did that first. It didn't reset the avg mpg.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD Black Pearl
2000 Ford Taurus 24V DOHC
~tc~

You have to reset each item individually.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

You can actually set the display to reset the avg MPG and the trip meter together.
Here's how:
Pull and hold the DISP button on the steering wheel. A menu will appear after several seconds. Go down the menu and there should be something like "MPG Reset" or something to that effect. Under that sub-menu, there should be "with Trip A" or something like that (sorry going off memory).
When that is selected, it will clear the avg MPG with your Trip A together.
This way, you can compare miles traveled vs. gallons consumed yourself and compare with the car's average MPG calculation every tank. I'm seeing that the car is nearly consistently 2 MPG optimistic in the over 1.5 years I've had this car because I do this with nearly every tank of gas.
I reserve Trip B as my oil mileage gauge for oil change intervals.

The display menu will also allow you to change fuel consumption calculations, temperature readings, and even control the foot well lights among other things.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)