Exhaust sounds

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Armykizyguy92

This is it. Now that I know that the sls is more rare to find in a manual I feel more proud of mine thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (322.45 KiB) Viewed 6226 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.34 KiB) Viewed 6226 times
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
murcod

That's loud! What is the system made up of?
David
Armykizyguy92

High flow cat and 1 3/4 in pipe

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
murcod

:) I suspected a lack of mufflers by the sound clip.
David
Armykizyguy92

Yeah I didn't want to spend to much on a borla or road races systems and I didn't think a flowmaster would have Sounded good. But everyone that hears it loves it and says it has a very unique sound and that they love it when I get on it

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
11zukizashi

Welcome and thank you for the clip! That sound is quite intriguing, as is your unicorn 6mt sls. We used to tell people that those didn't even come to the US at all when I worked for zuk. That sound is closer to what I had in my head when I wrote this post. Can you put your phone in the cupholder or something and record some sounds driving around? Different types of acceleration?
sx4rocious

also, if you have a smart phone, there's a couple "sound meter" apps that you can download that are actually semi-accurate. Would you be willing to download one and let us know how loud it is inside the car?
Armykizyguy92

Sure thing I can also sound inside depends on a lot like windows down and if the back seats are down it will be a lot louder. But with the radio on at like 8 and maybe with the ac half way you can hear It but only a bit unless you full out on it

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Armykizyguy92

here you go. Sorry for the wind noise and the random rambling. Had to cut some out to post it up . The rattle noise was from the case my phone is in not the car.

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
11zukizashi

John,
Great video, thank you! The sound is definitely quite different! I am left wondering how that would sound with a CVT system governing the RPMs instead of your right hand... I guess there is only one way to find out :) You said before you removed the resonator it sounded like a wrx? Can you explain? Was it more growly than it is now? Also, with the high flow cat have you had any check engine lights? What brand did you use?
Thanks,
Joe

PS, I will embed your videos to the first post. Maybe if we behave someone will make this thread sticky.
Edit: Nevermind.. admins turned post editing off once again after a certain amount of time. :roll: