Kizashi gaz Mileage(only AWD please) with a Full gaz tank

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
joshuac2651

Oh okay. Thanks guys. I tried it this morning. Now I know. That's how I kept up with my oil changes in my old car.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD Black Pearl
2000 Ford Taurus 24V DOHC
~tc~

You can set the avg MPG to reset with each fill up. I let it run to get a long term average, and check each tank by the fill method to see if there are any problems (like low tire pressure)

I also use trip b as my oil change counter
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
BxKizashiS

I average 21.3 mpg.. Thats doing about 95% highway daily, mostly do like 65-70mph
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
KuroNekko

BxKizashiS wrote:I average 21.3 mpg.. Thats doing about 95% highway daily, mostly do like 65-70mph
That's insanely low for the driving conditions you described. What's your average speed on the display? Given similar conditions, I've seen about 34 MPG in my 6 speed Kizashi which has an EPA fuel economy estimate lower than any other Kizashi model, including AWD models.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ipaqxman

I will guess that its no more than 25 mph
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
BxKizashiS

KuroNekko wrote:
BxKizashiS wrote:I average 21.3 mpg.. Thats doing about 95% highway daily, mostly do like 65-70mph
That's insanely low for the driving conditions you described. What's your average speed on the display? Given similar conditions, I've seen about 34 MPG in my 6 speed Kizashi which has an EPA fuel economy estimate lower than any other Kizashi model, including AWD models.

I believe my average speed says like 19mph... Sometimes im in alot traffic.... Maybe cause of my music system in the trunk... but even so 21.3mpg sucks and doesnt sound right. i have no idea. i use regular gas and synblend oil. I have lightweight 18'' rims.. my 16" stock rims weigh the same as the 18" i have now.. So i have no idea
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
KuroNekko

BxKizashiS wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:

I believe my average speed says like 19mph... Sometimes im in alot traffic.... Maybe cause of my music system in the trunk... but even so 21.3mpg sucks and doesnt sound right. i have no idea. i use regular gas and synblend oil. I have lightweight 18'' rims.. my 16" stock rims weigh the same as the 18" i have now.. So i have no idea
You are stuck in traffic or city driving conditions way more than you think if your average is 19 MPH. I can relate as my commute to work would be easy freeway driving if it was not for traffic. However, I hit traffic frequently and inner city driving conditions in DC suck donkey gonads. You literally hit every F-ing red light in DC because of the idiotic way they time their lights. These factors drive down fuel economy to the low twenties. However, if you get on the freeway/highway more and keep it under 75 MPH, you should see higher fuel economy. My average considering I have mixed driving is an acceptable 24~25 MPG.

How heavy is your sound system in the trunk? Weight has an effect on fuel economy but I recall reading a study that it takes about 200 lbs to reduce 1 MPG.
Basically, driving style and driving conditions account for fuel economy more than anything.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ipaqxman

Thats pretty good for 19mph... I get 20 mpg for 20 mph. Fml
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
SamirD

We get slightly over 20mpg according to the car and are 95% city with speeds under 40mph. Also mainly short distances <5mi, so not much of a chance to warm up either.
paininthenuts

hitorx wrote:Hello, I was wondering mileage people are doing with a full gaz tank. For my
AWD fuel saver car(joke), it is very hard to reach 312.5 miles(500 kilometers) even if I drive drive gently. Between 265 and 300 miles for me for a gaz tank like that, it is a big disappointment (and this car have no acceleration). Can
anyone can tell me if Accord, Camry, Altima, Malibu, Sonata and other cars are disappointing as much as the Kizashi AWD. My mileage is about half highway(57-65MPH cruising speed) and city(accelerating slowly).

Thank you
Is it really a Kizashi you have. My car is pretty awful on petrol, but I knew that when I got it. However the acceleration brilliant. 0-60 in 8 seconds, and the mid range is fantastic. No, it's not an M3, but it is one third of the cost.