Top Speed Limited to 130mph...trust me

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Trailboss

The wife and I returned from a weekend trip up to the mountains for our first trip out of town, and the paddle shifters were a great asset in going through the mountains. The suspension and handling of this car was simply outstanding...the car rode the turns as if it was glued to the track, and it effortlessly got to 100 mph. Could it use more power? What car couldn't? hey..it's a guy thing, join the crowd. :mrgreen:

As a commercial driver, I have a lot to lose by getting a speeding ticket...not a single soul passed me on the way home, but I ended up passing everyone that came into my view, hence the hazardous label. :mrgreen:
hitman4free

I had a Mustang, maybe a 1990s model, try passing me, so sped past him doing 80, he tried to keep pace but I left him back there and took off , when I finally pulled off the exit, he came up on the side of me, looked at my Kizashi ( with disbelief) or maybe shock, got back on the next ramp and headed back to the highway. Either way I WIN.
Itexmon

I had to drive from the Washington DC area to northern Indiana (~1200 miles roundtrip) this past weekend to get my Kizashi registered in Indiana. The highway I took on maryland proved too easy to speed on.. as there were longgg hills with 7% slope grade or higher.. so, I had to brake to not pass 100 on some places. And even though it was a blast.. out of the darkness and seemingly nowhere came a highway patrol who clocked me just as I slowed down. But thats not the worst part.. on my way back I got pulled over AGAIN (before these two times I had NEVER been pulled over) and now have to go to court over it T.T

Anyway, I learned that if you want to scream down the highway, the best place to do it is when there is a solid divider on both sides (no turn-arounds for cops to lurk in) and no exits/entrances to the highway. I hit 120 easily on one of those spots.. and the Kizashi was even getting 20 mpg probably because of major tailwind :P

But... moral of the story.. this car is superb at high speeds.. but here in the US, cops take speeding reaaaal serious.. so just be smart and safe about it... or pay the price :'(

(Btw, on the first day I had the Kizashi I hit 110, second day I hit 120 down a country road and got some unexpected air on a small bridge :lol: , but never had the chance to go much higher because of the road or the fear of cops)

Also, its rather difficult to drift (or power slide) on this thing mainly because it has so much grip!! I even tried it on snow and it didn't drift as much as I expected... but maybe I was being too careful 8-) (yes the ESP was off) Anyway, the car is insanely fun... ESPECIALLY in twisty roads.. where it really comes to its own.
Itexmon

Also, I forgot to mention that a bmw with blue lights came up behind me real close and flashed his lights quick, then tried blowing past me.. but I threw it into third and showed the guy some real speed.. the highway had a lot of twists because of lane adjustments so I smoked the guy AND scared him because his handling probably didn't feel as nice as mine turning at 100+ He eventually caught up as I slowed down and just stayed behind me :D
BxKizashiS

Its true, top speed is 130mph. I tested it out. It stops at 130, like when it gets there it act like when the rpm redlines, so it doesnt go no more. Check out my video and see for yourselves

2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
SamirD

I talked to Steve at Ray Suzuki about this earlier today and he confirmed that the car is limited to 125 or so. :( I'm guessing electronically from the posts in this thread.
bootymac

Yup it's electronically governed to 127 MPH

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... ented-test
bootymac

BxKizashiS wrote:Its true, top speed is 130mph. I tested it out. It stops at 130, like when it gets there it act like when the rpm redlines, so it doesnt go no more. Check out my video and see for yourselves
Maybe Kuro can chime in here but wouldn't this video get you into some trouble...?
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:
BxKizashiS wrote:Its true, top speed is 130mph. I tested it out. It stops at 130, like when it gets there it act like when the rpm redlines, so it doesnt go no more. Check out my video and see for yourselves
Maybe Kuro can chime in here but wouldn't this video get you into some trouble...?
The authorities would need to prove that it was done illegally on a public road, meaning they would have to prove the location of where it happened. I just re-watched most of it (first watched it a while ago) and he carefully avoids stating where he is which prevents him from making any incriminating remarks to prove location. I also couldn't make out the location from the video as in road signs captured in the footage.

While this kind of thing isn't the best thing to record and post publicly, especially with the face shown, there is not much that a prosecutor can use as strong evidence to claim he was speeding on public roads. They can't prove where it happened so the evidence is weak. The defense can easily say it could have been on a private road and the gov't wouldn't have much to refute it because they can't prove otherwise. The burden of proof is always on the prosecution.

I also want to note that turning off the lights is not really wise for two reasons.
1) The North American Kizashi has DRLs anyways. Turning off the headlights will just have the DRLs come on so it's not like you are in complete stealth of darkness.

2) If you didn't have any lights on, it would be hard for slower cars ahead to see you coming. This means a higher risk of an accident as they could suddenly merge into your lane, not seeing you coming from the rear at nearly twice the speed limit.

Regardless, not the wisest thing to go 130 MPH and record it for all to see, but still cool to see it. Telling car enthusiasts not to speed is like telling pubescent boys not to masturbate.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:
bootymac wrote:
The authorities would need to prove that it was done illegally on a public road, meaning they would have to prove the location of where it happened. I just re-watched most of it (first watched it a while ago) and he carefully avoids stating where he is which prevents him from making any incriminating remarks to prove location. I also couldn't make out the location from the video as in road signs captured in the footage.

While this kind of thing isn't the best thing to record and post publicly, especially with the face shown, there is not much that a prosecutor can use as strong evidence to claim he was speeding on public roads. They can't prove where it happened so the evidence is weak. The defense can easily say it could have been on a private road and the gov't wouldn't have much to refute it because they can't prove otherwise. The burden of proof is always on the prosecution.
Good to know!