RRM Turbo and mods in Sydney, Australia

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
herbz

Hi all.

I want to buy the RRM Turbo kit in 2012 for my 2010 manual Kizashi.

Can anyone advise what the costs are for the instalation of the turbo and recommended mechanic ?

Also what insurance did you go with once the turbo went in? What do you pay?

Cheers,
herbz.
will2k

I'm pretty sure noone in Sydney has the RRM turbo so it's very hard to say.

Im guessing to get the turbo installed and tuned you will be looking at several thousand $$$ for sure. You would have to go ask a workshop that does turbo conversions often.

The only insurance company that will probably touch you is just car insurance. Price? No idea it depends on your age, no claim bonus protection etc but i pay about $1300 a year with just cars for my kizashi that has exhaust, intake, rear swaybar, hid's etc.

When i was 21 (6yrs ago) and had a 96" Nissan Skyline R33 i was paying about $1800 a year insurance with just cars.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
herbz

Thanks Will2k

What was your insurance before you modded it? I didn't think an exhaust and intake would change the $ at all.

Who did your exhaust and what did they charge if you don't mind telling ?

herbz
will2k

I think the policy only went up about $10 a month by adding all my mods so not much considering what ive done. I added an $800 sound system to the insurance policy 6 months ago or so and it didn't change the price at all so i was happy about that.

I got my exhaust done at Castle Hill Exhaust. I think it was about $460ish for a custom catback and im happy with the result.

I told them i wanted a medium sounding exhaust and they custom built it in about 3 hours. I sometimes wish i told them i wanted a slightly louder exhaust but in the end im happy and i get compliments from a lot of people about the exhaust sound because it isn't droney or tinny like a cannon muffler.

I'll try get a video up on the weekend of the exhaust so all you guys can have a listen.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
herbz

Sounds good.

Did you get the RRM intake shipped over here or did you find a local place that stocks them ?

Yeah post your clip with the new exhaust sound I would love to hear it!