Spark plugs

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Gucio84pl

Hi everybody I was thinking of changing spark plugs in my 2010 Kizashi SLS. Can anybody please recommended good spark plugs? I was thinking of getting Bosch (4501) FGR8DQI Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plugs but not sure if it will fit in to my car. I want to chang it because lately I notice that car has to crank longer to start up than before. I do service regularly so I think maybe spark plugs are the problem. I do have 24K miles on my kizashi so plugs should be ok but I am not sure. Car seems to run normal, the only think is that it take longer to start up. Also I notice that after few days of driving I notice a black soot on the chrome exhaust. I didn't have that before because everyday before drive I walk around car and never saw it before. Do black soot on exhaust and longer start up can be indication of bad spark plugs?
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS
Azur Gray
CVT AWD
gaww

Gucio84pl wrote:Hi everybody I was thinking of changing spark plugs in my 2010 Kizashi SLS. Can anybody please recommended good spark plugs? I was thinking of getting Bosch (4501) FGR8DQI Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plugs but not sure if it will fit in to my car. I want to chang it because lately I notice that car has to crank longer to start up than before. I do service regularly so I think maybe spark plugs are the problem. I do have 24K miles on my kizashi so plugs should be ok but I am not sure. Car seems to run normal, the only think is that it take longer to start up. Also I notice that after few days of driving I notice a black soot on the chrome exhaust. I didn't have that before because everyday before drive I walk around car and never saw it before. Do black soot on exhaust and longer start up can be indication of bad spark plugs?
I doubt your plugs are a problem. I have not checked the specs on the Kizashi, but most are coming with 90,000+ mile rated platinum OEM plugs these days.

Black soot is usually and indication of way too rich of a fuel mixture, which is surprising with EFJ instead of a carburetor. Reading plugs was a way of dialing in the fuel/air mixture with a carburetor, but it was not caused by the plugs themselves.

When did you check/change your air filter last? If recently, i would take it in to the dealer to check it out. If fuel injector issues, should be covered by warranty.