ECU Reflash now avaliable

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
dynotronics1

Dynotronics, Inc is now offering performance reflashes for the Suzuki Kizashi ECU.

This service addresses most of the performance needs of the Kizashi, including; fuel maps, timing maps, throttle tuning, MAF trims, WRAF corrections, and cam timing.This will allow you to remove any of the outdated piggyback type units that have been on the market for so long, and fix the real issues, not band-aid them!

We are posting here looking for a forum member who would like to recieve a free reflash in exchange for posting their driving impresions, and before and after dyno sheets.

This offer is open to all Kizashi owners, but the manual transmission model is best for this process.

The qwner in question will be required to supply before dyno sheets to us with the ecu. After dyno should be carried out on the same unit.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you like to discuss this offer

Joe McClughan
Dynotronics,inc
dynotronicstuning.com
NiteRider

Looks pretty interesting. I wonder how this will impact the CVT. I look forward to seeing the results.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Ronzuki

There's a group of 5-10 folks in the process of a group 'buy' over on the SX4 forum for Dynotronics to reflash their ECUs. People should be getting their updated units back soon and I'm sure they'll be posting up their impressions. I've been looking forward to reading about the results.

THe CVT is the perceiverd main issue w/ the performance on the Kizashis, but I imagine some expert tuning of this type would certainly help to optimize engine performance.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
NiteRider

Would a reflash void the Warranty? If not, I could give it a try although I've never produced Dyno sheets before.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Moto
Site Admin

If anything would void the warranty a reflash probably would. In addition if you take your car in for warranty work there is a fair chance they would re-flash the car back to stock.

It is probably best to be somewhat mechanically inclined if you go for the reflash. Just so you might be able to a tell if anything is acting weird. Power gains on a lot of cars can be close to 20% with a reflash. I've got no idea what it might do on kizashi. I would expect to be less, but I don't know.

New section of the forum if it works well. :)
Northernstar

Interesting, performance has always been kizashi's achilies. Would like to see the result of a ECU reflash.
Ronzuki

I had given serious thought about doing the SX4....and to overcome the warranty implications my plan would have been to obtain a salvaged ECU for the reflash and keep the original unmolested ECU for trips to the dealer should the need arise. That of course significantly increases the cost of the modification making it not very attractive, at least for me.
Ron

dynotronics1

Unfortunately that approach will not work on the later cars as they have the ecu linked to the immo.. We have had a great deal of success cloning the denso ecus so you cam have a stock and modified unit if you like. I'm not sure if we can do the kiz ecu this way yet, but it's somewhat of a moot point; our reflash, unlike other companies is based on each customers ORIGINAL calibration file, so dealer level diagnostic equipment cannot detect it.

Sure, if they drive your car, they will feel the difference, but when they plug in, all they see is the base calibration. Not a simple trick to do, but we prefer to custom write each and every file as custom .
Ronzuki

dynotronics1 wrote:Sure, if they drive your car, they will feel the difference, but when they plug in, all they see is the base calibration. Not a simple trick to do, but we prefer to custom write each and every file as custom .
If the dealer were to plug in and decide during a warranty 'repair' or diag effort, they could potentially alter or destry what you have done, correct?
Ron

dynotronics1

only an overwrite of the cal file can remove what we do. That is also why we offer lifetime free reloads