auto door locks

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
lookin

does the kizashi have automatic door locks like when car in drive doors lock if it dont can it be installed aftermarket without messing with factory warranty ,,also can a remote start be installed even with push button start..thanks in advance
Scandavader

The dealer delivered my car with automatic door locks, they lock when car starts, they unlock when car is stoped, they do nothing when put to the ACC position. Also the same mechanism closes all windows when the car is locked from outside. I can ask the next time I take my car to the dealer, what was installed exactly. I know it is not only programming since they had to install something on each door and below the dashboard. It is possible that is an aftermarket thing but since I bought it *with* the car I was guaranteed that it wouldn't affect the warranty.
Moto
Site Admin

From what I have seen there are currently no after-market auto starts systems that work on any cars with push button start. The demand is there so it is just a matter of time until someone figures it out, but that is a problem for all car manufactures
jimmerz

My doors do not auto lock either...a feature I have grown used to. I hope this is something that just needs to be activated. Maybe I should read my manual? lol

Also, with the push button start, can you turn the car off but leave the power on?

Thanks
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
uforaverwill

jimmerz wrote:My doors do not auto lock either...a feature I have grown used to. I hope this is something that just needs to be activated. Maybe I should read my manual? lol

Also, with the push button start, can you turn the car off but leave the power on?

Thanks

Yea. Do not put your foot on the brake and hit the start button twice.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
SX4toKizashi

jimmerz wrote:My doors do not auto lock either...a feature I have grown used to. I hope this is something that just needs to be activated. Maybe I should read my manual? lol

Thanks
Stop the engine while shifter still in D and it will remain ON. I don't know if this is bad for the CVT but it works. :mrgreen:
jimmerz

uforaverwill wrote:

Thanks

Yea. Do not put your foot on the brake and hit the start button twice.
Thanks uforaverwill!- Now how about auto door locks?

Can you stop the engine when the car is running but leave the ACC/power on without the car shutting off first?

I guess what I am getting at is there are times I really do not need to leave the car running, but I have a portable DVD player for my daughter connected to a 12v outlet. If you shut the car off you lose power which makes an unhappy little girl. (all this was for the people who might have asked why to my original question).

Thanks.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
RyanBlaine

Car owners are now using automatic door locks. It is one high tech locks that commonly used today.

Steger Locksmith
murcod

I've been meaning to search for something on the auto locking doors. I've grown used to it from other vehicles and am dismayed that there doesn't seem to be anyway of activating such a feature on the Kizashi.

I'm sure it could be done relatively easily by utilising the lock/unlock signal from the driver's door controls and some circuitry.
David
jono6406

My old 2005 Cdillac STS had push button start and also remote start and it was OEM, not afternarket. It also had automatic door lock and unlock with a fob push button raising of the windows after car has been closed and locked but not the moonroof. When you pushed the start button on the Caddy it started real smooth but the Kizashi you will hear a relay first. Well I quess the Kizashi is no Cadillac but when I sit in the drivers seat of my Kizashi the real excitement is here. I just love this car. I'm impressed.