FUEL RANGE!

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
indkizashi

My Kizashi is a indian variant. my fuel tank holds up 63 liters of fuel if iam not wrong (but not less). Every time I refuel to a full tank my range shows only upto 470 km, is there anything wrong with my fuel level information(or the range displayed has something to do with Average fuel economy displayed), and the fuel indication stays at full tank for almost 100 kms all the time and after that it starts reducing .(does fuel tank capacity calculated with the fuel in the tank pipes as well or just the tank)

Need a heads up on this before i take it to a dealer and ask him to work on it :idea: .
honsonwong

my cvt awd kizashi is almost the same to yours if I use Shell 91 (V-power with no ethanol).
coref1

I think the trip computer calculates distance remaining based on recent fuel use. I mostly use my CVT Kizashi on long distance trips and usually the trip computer estimates distance to empty as around 645 klms after fill up however that quickly reduces if I drive in heavy traffic. Your driving conditions and type of fuel used will affect fuel consumption. I've driven a few cars over the years and haven't seen any with a 100% accurate fuel guage. It's quite normal to to see the guage sit on full for a while and then drop quickly. You need to do a proper manual fuel consumption check and if that shows your car is using higher then reasonable amounts of fuel then for sure take it too your Dealer.
Woodie

That's perfectly normal, it's not very accurate, most cars aren't.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Juan

Yes, not too accurate, its just for information only,my 2012 sls awd fill ups display indicator varies from 390 gallons to up to 410 gallons, depending on how I drive the car.
indkizashi

No wonder !. did some few research on this one and found out ur average fuel comsumption is related in this . My driving is in full city traffic mostly , fuel economy shows 7-8 km per liter so multiply by 60 its around 450 km range Damn , and the quality of petrol in india is much worse when compared to your countries .