RRM Control Module

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
TRaj2327

2010-2012 Suzuki Kizashi RRM Engine Control Module CVT Transmission

Does anyone have it? I talked to Rob at RRM and he said the car runs extremely rich from the factor and this the module will lean the car out and obviously help with power gains. Can anyone confirm this? He said they were getting 33-35 MPG on the highway with the intake and module.

I drive a lot so paying off $429 would be justifiable and obviuosly for the performance improvements.
2011 Black Kizashi SLS - DD
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
2015 White Jeep Wrangler Altitude - Wife's ride
2004 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX - Garage queen
SamirD

Interesting. Has anyone dyno'd a stock Kizashi? The dyno graph should show the air-fuel ratio.

I wonder how much of a gain was seen with just the intake? When a car breathes better, the mileage can go up from that alone.
TRaj2327

Exactly why him asking. If someone has proof I'll probably pop on one. Install seems easy.
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
SamirD

Cold call and talk to someone else asking them what type of power improvements and intake will make. And try to find a dyno graph for the car with the air-fuel. I know most cars are a little rich from the factory, but it shouldn't be 'pig rich'.
bootymac

SamirD wrote:I wonder how much of a gain was seen with just the intake?
Spoiler alert: none
TRaj2327

If there are performance improvements that is fine but it's the least of my concerns. I'm most interested in the fuel economy since I drove 50,000 miles in the last 2 years.
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
SamirD

TRaj2327 wrote:If there are performance improvements that is fine but it's the least of my concerns. I'm most interested in the fuel economy since I drove 50,000 miles in the last 2 years.
But it's the performance that makes the fuel economy possible. More power on the same fuel=better efficiency, aka fuel efficiency.
TRaj2327

I understand all that. If the performance gains are marginal but the fuel economy spike is worth the investment, I'll consider it. If there is little to no increase in fuel economy I am not interested at all.

Really just looking for someone with real world statistics and not some salesman looking to push product that is collecting dust for a vehicle discontinued in the states. If I were them I'd be dumping all that stuff for near cost pricing.
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
SamirD

TRaj2327 wrote:I understand all that. If the performance gains are marginal but the fuel economy spike is worth the investment, I'll consider it. If there is little to no increase in fuel economy I am not interested at all.

Really just looking for someone with real world statistics and not some salesman looking to push product that is collecting dust for a vehicle discontinued in the states. If I were them I'd be dumping all that stuff for near cost pricing.
I'd ask them for a dyno chart. I'm sure they have one to make those sort of claims. Then I'd ask for one of just the intake. Then you can decide.

As far as the mileage, it's really going to depend on a bunch of factors you probably can't measure. If the CVT is able to keep the car in higer ratios due to the extra power in the rpm range that it needs it, the fuel savings can be significant, especially if the injectors can also reduced the pulse width.

Short of putting it on and trying it, I don't know of a real way to for you to test it. Your driving style and commute road conditions, elevation, speed, wind will also be a big factor.

I'd ask them if it's something that can just be pluged in to try, and then unplugged to go back to stock. If so and if they have a decent return policy, I'd just buy it and try it.