ECU Piggy Back

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
sblinder

Has anybody tried this ECU Piggy back device from Performance Mods? I might have
there name wrong but they are the ones who are making all the performance parts.
I just got a gts awd and interested in it.

Thanks
Steve
Amedia1

I have the piggyback and am happy with it. I do a lot of freeway driving and the mid-upper rpm range is where you're really gonna feel the benefit of this product. When necessary I can pass with ease!
ROCK

There you go. Some with it and they are HAPPY. You get it from ROAD/RACE Motorsports.

Expect good gains where you need it and even better gas mileage!

ROAD/RACE
http://roadracemotorsports.com
http://www.carbontrix.com
havinfun

Rock:

Please address this question from a few days back. Maybe you missed it since it was in another thread:

Rock: I am not a tuner but what I understand about the RRM piggyback ECU is that it re-maps the fuel levels that were originally programmed by Suzuki. The RRM writeup for the piggyback suggests that the new program mapping improves both the HP and mileage, even without adding the SRI, light weight pulley, and cat back exhaust. If true, why wouldn't Suzuki remap their ECU to values to match the piggyback, and advertise the enhanced performance numbers for the new model (2011) Kizashi? Seems to me that re-programming the Kizashi ECU would be a no-cost change that Suzuki would jump to incorporate to get the performance gains without a piggyback. Am I missing something here? (Or are there some drawbacks to the new fuel levels in the piggyback that Suzuki wants to avoid)?
ROCK

It is a good question and true for other makes too. I am not 100% sure but I can say that American Suzuki is in firm agreement with us on the fuel mapping changes. Their product planners/engineers explained Japan does the programming across the board internationally to take into account fuels in countries like Mexico. Octanes are as low as 83 octane and in other countries it may be as low. China? In U.S. and Canada, fuel standards are higher (quality) and octane. These are 2 different things. From Japan's point of view, they are gonna map it one way for all global markets, then leave it alone. That is their insurance for endurance to account for poor fuels around the world. We do not need that margin in developed countries! I think that will make sense to most everyone. And yes I did not see this question before now.

ROAD/RACE
alarman

I am curious if this will void any warranty? I work for a different manufacture and when the ECM is changed/flashed it can void the warranty on the ECM and possible on other components due to the modification. How is it wired in? Can it be detected or removed easy if there is a problem and has to go back to the dealer for repairs? I would be interested it purchasing the unit if I was able to find out more info on it other then a few people replies to a post. Not saying that there positive feed back is not good, just from some one who works in a dealer service department I understand how warranties work.