kizashi vs nissan altima 2.5 cvt

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
CCS77

Altima owns the zuke =( not all that suprising unfortunately. I really wish the CVT could be reflashed to fix the lag from 0-15MPH at least. Allot of the time when I have the tach stuck at 5000RPM it feels like I am going NOWHERE. I almost get better acceleration when I keep it at 4000RPM whcih takes constant foot pedal adj and looking at the tach.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
~tc~

My 2011 doesn't have any lag. If anything, it's a little too touchy off the line.

If you wanted to win drag races, you should have bought a camaro or mustang
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
metatrox

Its that dead stop that kills us.

I honestly think you would do better using the paddles with a rolling start. That way the motor is all ready revved nice and high.

My buddy has a Mazda 3 and from a dead start its a joke for me. No way I would ever keep up.

But a good 30mph roll and using paddles i pull away every time. Thats with him using the "manual shift" of his automatic.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
CCS77

~tc~ wrote:My 2011 doesn't have any lag. If anything, it's a little too touchy off the line.

If you wanted to win drag races, you should have bought a camaro or mustang

Is yours a Manual? If it's a CVT I don't buy that for a nano second. I test drove a 2011 SLS CVT and it sucked off the line just like all the rest. No ones wanting to win drag races with a 4 door sedan, but the car has a tough time getting out of it's own way off the line.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
~tc~

Nope, CVT - you push the gas and it goes, no delay, like some CVTs I've driven. Agreed, it doesn't pull real hard off the line, but it's only 180 HP in a 3700 lb vehicle.

Keep in mind I'm comparing to a 1993 160 HP 5200 lb Toyota 4Runner, so most bicycles feel fast compared to what I'm used to
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Moto
Site Admin

I would like to see and altima vs the kizashi on wet mountain roads. My protege 5 can take the kizashi through the first three gears, but after that nothing but tail lights.
kizashi

both are CVT and FWD ...
Moto
Site Admin

I know.... I was just saying... Still the kizashi should stomp an altima in corners.
kizashi

Moto wrote:I know.... I was just saying... Still the kizashi should stomp an altima in corners.
yup that's the story :lol:
giankigreco

So I didn't understand why everyone makes fun of the acceleration of the Kizzy because top speed got me to 130 and it's crazy smooth. In the race you should of use tiptronic and kind of double clutching with the gas pedal. Seems stupid but try it. It works I'll go do a video for ya.