New tires for the Kiz...

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Ronzuki

By now, most of the tire shop racks' databases are updated w/ the new specs. The TSB is in another thread somewhere.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

Kelevra wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:yeah well I'd been hoping they'd bring the Jimny here, but that ain't happenin' now is it?.
I rented a Jimny 4X in Costa Rica and also once in Spain, so wish they came here to the States, I'd snatch one up.

Anybody have a pdf copy of that TSB for alignment? does it apply to my 13? I don't see any significant abnormal wear at 20K.

I'd love to get better handing tires down the road too. :mrgreen:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1248
Ronzuki

Well, it's nearly time for tires again. 60,800 miles on the car w/35,653 miles on these Generals. Rotated them, for the last time, last night (went too long again between rotations). Inside edges on the pass side tires are way down and one wouldn't likely pass state inspection right now, and definitely not by the time it's due in December. That said, these wore better than the OE Dunlops. Checked the brake pads whilst I was crouched down and they are still in excellent shape. Wouldn't be surprised if I get another 20-30k out of the original Akebono pads.

I don't know what it is about that damn right front suspension wearing the inside edges harder than the driver's side. Drivers side insides are wearing as well, just not as fast. I bet when I get it aligned again that RF wheel's camber will be way off...again. Skipped what has become an annual alignment check last year. Something is defective but no one has been able to determine what each time it's been aligned. I've used 3 different shops so 3 different sets of eyes have been on it. I don't get it. I'm not easy on the car, at all, in dry weather twisties and on/off ramps. Anywhere, anytime, I can hammer on the superb handling aspects of the car, I take full advantage. Car is always tight, responsive and makes no suspension noises and doesn't wander, drift, or pull at any speed. I drive the curves hard relying heavily on the suspension and engine braking, via paddle shifters, to get me through. Not a big fan of applying brake during spirited driving, just like to push the car through it.

Overall, I'd say the Generals delivered pretty well in mileage and performance for the dollars expended on them. Tire noise has done nothing but get worse as they've worn (down right annoying at this point), and for that reason alone I won't get them again. Had it not been for the 'Kizashi alignment issue', they'd have easily gone 40k+ before hitting the replacement wear bars.

So far the Kumho Solus TA71s @ TireRack seems to be my choice at the moment unless something else comes along between now and inspection. Thoughts on those tires?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
TRaj2327

I'd recommend the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2. They're about $145 on TireRack and I've been real happy with them. They've been on a year now almost and probably 15,000 miles or so. Been great and traction and noise levels are both great.

I used to use Kumho Ecstas but got sick of how noisy they got.
2011 Black Kizashi SLS - DD
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
2015 White Jeep Wrangler Altitude - Wife's ride
2004 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX - Garage queen