Finally spring; Kizashi in the sakura

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
KuroNekko

A few pictures of the Kizashi with the sakura (cherry blossoms) in Washington, DC.
Attachments
iPhone 035.JPG
iPhone 035.JPG (662.77 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
iPhone 036.JPG
iPhone 036.JPG (603.68 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
iPhone 050 edit.jpg
iPhone 050 edit.jpg (545.14 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
iPhone 056.JPG
iPhone 056.JPG (295.83 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ipaqxman

Nice! Hanami
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
jono6406

Beautiful pics but don't hide that nice looking steering wheel. Let it all show.
KuroNekko

jono6406 wrote:Beautiful pics but don't hide that nice looking steering wheel. Let it all show.
I was actually seated in the driver's seat so it was rather hard to get all of the steering wheel in and also get the view of the cherry blossoms through the windshield. It turned out better than I expected, though.
puckaveli

Ahh, amidst the bickering of gun control and on the brink of war with North Korea; it's nice to know there still is some beauty left in our nation's capitol. Looks great, nice pics.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
KuroNekko

Actually, it's annoyingly packed with tourists right now because of the cherry blossoms. Good thing is that the area where I parked and took the pictures (called East Potomac Park) is on a peninsula a bit away from the Tidal Basin area. The Tidal Basin is where all the tourists go as it's near the Washington Monument and across the basin from the Jefferson Memorial. You can't park right by the trees around there so it worked out good for me to also avoid the crowd.
You find more of the locals on the peninsula which includes parks and fields, a golf course, and fishing spots. Cyclists also use the roads on the peninsula.

I actually don't like Washington, DC very much but the East Potomac Park is a delight.
jono6406

KuroNekko wrote:
jono6406 wrote:Beautiful pics but don't hide that nice looking steering wheel. Let it all show.
I was actually seated in the driver's seat so it was rather hard to get all of the steering wheel in and also get the view of the cherry blossoms through the windshield. It turned out better than I expected, though.
I'm talking about the steering wheel cover!
Galileo

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them with us. It's nice to see other owners who never get tired of photographing their Kizashi :D
2010 Kizashi GTS
6-Speed Manual
Vivid Red
KuroNekko

jono6406 wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
I'm talking about the steering wheel cover!
When I first read it, I wasn't sure if you meant the cover or how the photo cut off the rest of the wheel. I incorrectly assumed you meant the latter.

I have hands that strangely eat through leather on the steering wheel, shifter, etc. Something about the acidity of my hand sweat or oils just ruins leather so I am trying to protect it with the cover. After damaging the uncovered steering wheel on my old Mazda, I thought to cover up the Kizashi's early.

The cover is actually nothing like I've ever seen sold in the US. I picked it up in Japan and it's a full silicone stretch cover with a very grippy texture. Because it's silicone and stretchy, there is absolutely no slippage on the wheel unlike many slip-on covers.
Because the front and back of the cover don't fully wrap around the wheel, it does feel a little weird, but I got used to it. I also like that it's low profile and doesn't change the look of the wheel too much.
Given that it's silicone, it should be impervious to extreme heat, cold, or moisture and last a while.
But I agree that the steering wheel is nice and hence, I am trying to protect it.
jono6406

I understand that. I use leather cleaner and conditioner on mines about twice a month as with the rest of the interior. I use leatherique products which are simply the best. By the way don't you love how the back windows go completely down.